Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

A pilot Paybook?

Article about: Hi all. This is the new one that I have just bought, and sincerely, it is the first paybook of this type that I see, so I am a little bit lost with this. I do not know anything about the IJA

?

Default A pilot Paybook?

Hi all.

This is the new one that I have just bought, and sincerely, it is the first paybook of this type that I see, so I am a little bit lost with this.
    I do not know anything about the IJAAF and its operations in Manchuria, so, any information is welcome.

山崎大三 Daizo Yamazaki
    飛行兵 Pilot
    機関工 Engine worker?
    航空兵 Pilot

Location kyoju(杏樹)

A pilot Paybook?

A pilot Paybook?

A pilot Paybook?

A pilot Paybook?

A pilot Paybook?

A pilot Paybook?

A full record from joining as a Private 2nd class in March 1940 till his discharge as a Sergeant in December 1944. He got the prize money and war medal for the China Incident on 29th April 1940. If you want to see his first location of service in the continent, Google 三江省勃利県杏樹村 and switch setting to "Map". His branch of service was flight, but he was an engine mechanic, not a pilot.

?

Very nice pick up with some interesting unit entries. Aviation related booklets don't pop up all that often.

Tom

?

That’s a great find!

?

Thank you for your comments.
    On the other hand I have a question for you. Looking at this entry 五 月十五日第二〇ー飛行場大隊 (201th aerial group), is it possible that he was part of the Kwantung army?
    As when I was looking for information, I read that 第2航空軍直轄 "the 2nd aerial army" belonged to the kwantung 關東軍 army.

Thank you in advance.

The 201 Air Field Battalion was responsible for maintenance, refueling and guard duty to back up an air unit. Yes, the 第2航空軍 under which it came was formed in June 1942 out of the Kwantung Army's 航空兵団.

?

Thank you Nick, you are an open book.

On the other hand, Could you help me with this?

A pilot Paybook?

The first one on the rigth,what kind of number is it? 第七十七隊戦 is it correct?
    The other one 第ニO九七 is it a Tsūshōgō code? I have been unable to find it in the whole list.

Thank you in advance.

飛行第77戦隊 (77th Air Squadron). See an example of their camo scheme for planes below (2nd illust.). The second number you picked is just the army's secret memo number ordering his transfer to the 39th training unit. I also show that unit's tail wing insignia in the illustration (first one) below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A pilot Paybook?   A pilot Paybook?  

?

Thank you Nick. Howmuch information you know.
    They look like a Ki-61 Tony and a Ki-43 Oscar.

Thank you again.