Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible Munekage made sword

Article about: Hello all I had a chance to take a quick look at a sword that will be for sale if I decide to buy it.I only had enough time for a quick look and to snap a couple of pics with a cellphone in

Default Possible Munekage made sword

Hello all I had a chance to take a quick look at a sword that will be for sale if I decide to buy it.I only had enough time for a quick look and to snap a couple of pics with a cellphone in poor lighting at work.The sword was in recent polish and had been also recently re-wrapped. Mounted in Army Gunto mounts the owner had a couple of documents that the person he got the sword from gave to him they state that the blade was made by Munekage? Hawley Rating 30 Reference /Page MUN765 I was wondering if anyone could confirm this is indeed the mei of the afore mentioned smith. Please excuse the improper layout of the photos as I did the best I could with the lighting and cell phone to reveal the kanji.All help greatly appreciated Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Munekage made sword   Possible Munekage made sword  

Possible Munekage made sword   Possible Munekage made sword  

?

"Polished" and no pic's of the beautiful blade?????????????????????

You know the horizontal pic's will not go over well with the experts... LOL

Semper Fi
    Phil

I had to move quickly!!! and its hard to explain to customers that they have to wait to purchase a building while I take some pics of a Japanese sword!! If I can get another chance I will get some more pics!! I am hoping the first two pics will cancel out the second two and I will be forgiven due to circumstances beyond my control!! Regards,Geoff

2nd from the top of p. 437: Munekage.

豊州高田住勝原統景
    Būshū Takada-jū Katsuhara Munekage
    Katsuhara Munkage, Resident of Takada in Būshū

Let the experts tell whether or not this is a true signature or gimei -- that's outside my area.

Cheers,
    --Guy

?

Post it here for a critical (in every sense of the word) appraisal. Nihonto Message Board