Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

private purchase officer hat

Article about: at first, I thought this might be fake. I looked up GB Borsalino fu lazzaro. they are a high-quality hat maker. matsuya was a department store in Tokyo. so now I am thinking high-quality pri

Default private purchase officer hat

at first, I thought this might be fake. I looked up GB Borsalino fu lazzaro. they are a high-quality hat maker. matsuya was a department store in Tokyo. so now I am thinking high-quality private purchase. let me know your opinions thank you.

5 more

Interesting cap. Borsalino's hats from Italy were popular worldwide in the 30s to 50s. Humphrey Bogart's hat in Casablanca is a good example of its on-screen fame. Below is a modern example of their cap band marking from Canada.

Whether the other logo is really Matsuya the Department store in Ginza, I'm not sure, as there seems to be an odd amount of space between T and U. Also the absence of their crane trademark is odd. The logo shown below is spelled Matsuya in postwar fashion.

Can't read the paper label with the name stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture private purchase officer hat   private purchase officer hat  

thank you very much. it is a cool cap. i tried several times to get the paper label that is the best i could get. i can read the size. i think 6 and 2\8. i was ready to write this cap off. i think it deserves further research now.

My best guess as to what is written on the paper tag is 下井猛. Takeshi Shimoi, but a cap of this quality normally should have the name sewn in.

i have google searched 9 million different ways and nothing. i think a simple explanation is best. high-quality private purchase officers hat. thank you for your help i will continue looking never know what shows up. it might have had a liner at one point in time.