Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Regarding Type 98, Type 3 Army Breeches

Article about: Often times I come across photos and listings for riding-style breeches with very baggy portions above knee, supposedly used by the army, usually denoted as manufactured for the type 3 and s

Default Regarding Type 98, Type 3 Army Breeches

Often times I come across photos and listings for riding-style breeches with very baggy portions above knee, supposedly used by the army, usually denoted as manufactured for the type 3 and sometimes type 98 uniforms. I have seen photos of soldiers, officers and NCOs in particular, wearing these. However, when I look into these pieces being sold, most of them lack any army markings on the interior.

I believe this to be because officers etc had to privately purchase their own uniforms, and so lacked army markings, but I would like to know if these were ever produced and issued by the army themselves? In which case, I could see examples of the respective liner.

It may also be worth noting that most of these pieces, on the inside, have liner cloth in a light blue and white-ish striped style. Unfortunately, I do not have any particular photos for further demonstration at the moment.

Cheers
    Liam

?

This set is probably what you want to see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Regarding Type 98, Type 3 Army Breeches   Regarding Type 98, Type 3 Army Breeches  

My father-in-law after graduating the reserve officer academy at Sendai. Photo taken January 1940 at Fuji Maneuver Area [today Camp Fuji] -- in the original 2"x3" photo you can clearly see Mt. Fuji in the background.

His breeches and other uniform pieces were tailored/bespoke.

Regarding Type 98, Type 3 Army Breeches
    2LT Funaya Takesaburo

-- Guy