Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Rough Woven Fabric Hinomaru no Yosegaki

Article about: Hello: Saw this Hinomaru no Yosegaki made out of a rough woven fabric with a sewn in orb and no corner tabs. The left and right edges appear to have been folded over and sewn in place. Also,

?

Default Rough Woven Fabric Hinomaru no Yosegaki

Hello:
    Saw this Hinomaru no Yosegaki made out of a rough woven fabric with a sewn in orb and no corner tabs. The left and right edges appear to have been folded over and sewn in place. Also, what appears to be blood stains. Does the lack of corner tabs and the reinforced side edges have any significance? Any feedback as to originality and if the writing is of any interesting slogans or the owner's name is appreciated. Thank you.

This Yosegaki was not done as a send-off gift, but was for directly sending off to the frontlines by school children, put inside a comfort bag to be sent to the front line.Comfort Bag

It is not addressed to any specific soldier for that reason, but many of the inscriptions start, "Mr. Soldier".

More formal Yosegaki flags were usually done on a national flag, but this is a decoration flag for parades, etc. National flags came in the European stationary proportions of A3, A4, etc., which is why IKEA frames fit them nicely.

?

Thanks Nick. First time (in my limited experience) that I have come across this type of Yosegaki.

A lot of patriotic slogans! Just a few:

• America and England are weak!
    • Great East-Asian War
    • Mr. Soldier, Banzai!
    • Japan Banzai!
    • Stay Healthy Mr. Soldier
    • Thank you Mr. Soldier
    • 1-Billion People
    • Japanese Spirit/Soul
    • Japanese Heart/Mind
    • Our Decisive Battle

Cheers,
    -- Guy

?

Sorry for the delay in responding Guy...thanks for your feedback. Certainly a bit different than the flags that I have come across. Per your description and Nick's it does not hold much appeal to me as it is not personalized. But still interesting.