Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sake Cup

Article about: Hello All, A friend of mine sent me a few items he wants to thin out from his collection. Among them is this Sake cup which is a little different from most I see. I am curious about the Kanj

Default Sake Cup

Hello All,

A friend of mine sent me a few items he wants to thin out from his collection. Among them is this Sake cup which is a little different from most I see. I am curious about the Kanji in the vertical "Banner" if you will.. I am curious as to whether it is the soldiers name or something similar like a campaign? On the reverse I am assuming the markings are the Artists or manufacturers name. The piece has a slight crack but it still is interesting to me.any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sake Cup   Sake Cup  

?

Nice one Geoff!

The wording in the banner is the standard "Commemorating Discharge". You need to read my "Sake cups 101" here. These were cheap mass-produced cookie-cutter items, having the designs applied simply by rubber stamps (nothing worthy of carrying an artisan's name).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sake Cup