Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Senninbari With Repair

Article about: Hello. I have seen ripped Senninbari before. This one also has a rip that someone has tried to repair. I presume no way to know how the rip occurred or if it was repaired in the field. Threa

?

Default Senninbari With Repair

Hello. I have seen ripped Senninbari before. This one also has a rip that someone has tried to repair. I presume no way to know how the rip occurred or if it was repaired in the field. Thread used to make the repair appears to be a bit thicker than the material itself.

There are characters on the back side of the Senninbari. Any translation help is appreciated. Does this Sennibari seem to be of the correct vintage?

On a side note, in my limited time looking at Hinomaru no Yosegaki, I have come across more than a few "fakes". Are Senninbari "fakes" less frequently found?

Thank you.

Senninbari With Repair
    Senninbari With Repair
    Senninbari With Repair
    Senninbari With Repair
    Senninbari With Repair
    Senninbari With Repair

4 women signed their names. It appears original. Fakes of these are too labor intensive with the 1000 stitches, so Yosegaki flags make more money for scammers. It's a pre-printed kit that you buy and add stitched to, somewhat impersonal like a printed Christmas card.

?

Thank you Nick. Is there any guidance on how to identify a Senninbari that comes from these pre-printed kit types?

It's quite obvious, printed Hinomaru and slogan as well as printed dots showing where to make knots. Tigers printed on by dots are also common commercial versions.