Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Simple Weapons.

Article about: General In 1944 it was realized that the decisive battle of the mainland of Japan was soon to be fought. There was a call for complete national armament and because of the shortage of weapon

Short end down -- enabled to shoot from a horse and retain pentration power for the arrow.

Simple Weapons.

The bottom string will be tied to the bow nock and the "red head" loop is fastened/unfastened at the top.

Simple Weapons.

I used to shoot with a yumi -- no formal lessons; Obata sensei showed me how to do "combat archery," wear and use the shooting glove, etc. I can't do all that yoga-zen stuff when shooting; and to me it is more important to hit the target than to "look good while shooting." I now have a "Mary Rose" English single-stave yew longbow (d-cross section, no handle or arrow shelf), and a Plains Indian short bow set that I like to shoot. (By the way, you never "fire" arrows -- no gunpowder involved to touch off; you either shoot or loose arrows.)

LOOSE!
    -- Guy

Great post, Thomas! And i appreciate the dedication in the title. You has successfully snatched the rock from Nick's hand, young grasshopper!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2