Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A special Peleliu tag

Article about: A tag with extraordinary history: This belonged to a member of the 8th Company, 2nd Battalion, 15th Regiment, 14th Division. Well after the invasion of Peleliu, it was decided to send in the

?

Default A special Peleliu tag

A tag with extraordinary history: This belonged to a member of the 8th Company, 2nd Battalion, 15th Regiment, 14th Division. Well after the invasion of Peleliu, it was decided to send in the 2nd Battalion via several transport barges to reinforce the units already defending the island. Although many of the barges were destroyed/damaged while trying to make a landing, several hundred members of the 2nd Batt. survived and were able to successfully make it onto Peleliu and join in the fight. Thanks for looking!

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A special Peleliu tag  

?

Great item Tom!

Peleliu items seem to be difficult to find, haven't seen many posted.

?

Tell me about it. Not a whole lot out there for Peleliu, even less for Angaur.

Tom

Rod
    ?

As historic battlefield relics go, they don't get much better for Pacific war Japanese Army history buffs. I imagine there was a significant boost in morale on isolated Peleliu when these guys managed to get through US lines. Great catch Tom!

一連 - 1st Party (tag's top left side), presumably one of the 15th Infantry Regiment's barge units?

Cheers!

?

Thanks, Rod. I think when they interviewed the Japanese commander who was pro landing, the morale boost was a big reason for it.

Tom

Nice score. I watched this from a distance. I got one from Angaur.