Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Strange type 95 gunto.

Article about: First time posting but a long term lurker, Here is a very strange type 95 i won at an auction years ago for a rather low price due to how weird it is. The blade I believe is legit due to the

Quote by Kabuto View Post
    Uhmm...

Here we have a kissaki that is too short and rounded, blade with streaked metal that looking too poor even for a 95 and misaligned numbers that appear to be hand-stamped and not machine-printed.....and a strange W mark on the nakago.
    Basically we can say that there is nothing here that is as it should be in an original 95 ..

Obviously I absolutely respect your and others opinions, but to me it remains a fake, and not even one of the best I've seen.

I'm really sorry.
    Recommended Reading on the "W" or Double Chevron stamp: The Mysterious "w" Stamp! - Military Swords of Japan - Nihonto Message Board, well known in the sword community. Found on other weapons and equipment as well. Our treasured Nick Komiya uncovered the regulation showing the stamp to be a intermediate/half-way inspection stamp. I personally have 3 Type 95s with it on the nakago.

As to number stamping, they were not "machine applied". It is more common to see them misaligned that all straight and perfect. I guarantee you the blade is legit.

?

Looks like i'm going to have to keep an eye out for a better habaki at least until I find a better type 95 for a reasonable price whichever comes first!

Quote by Pevan View Post
    Looks like i'm going to have to keep an eye out for a better habaki at least until I find a better type 95 for a reasonable price whichever comes first!
    This guy is selling a wooden handled NCO for WAY underprice at $550

Wood Handle NCO - For Sale or Trade - Nihonto Message Board

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3