Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Type 32 sword in cosmoline....

Article about: Hello all, Ive been collecting for a while now and I’ve never made a purchase of a firearm or blade that still had cosmoline... until now. Question is... leave it or clean it? This type 32

Thanks for the info Bruce... I will get with seller if it’s a fake, but hopefully it’s not.

?

You'll want to return that second sword as quickly as you can. A half decent attempt at a Type 32, but probably a reason it was a bargain.

There is no debate I'm afraid. The swords exported by the Japanese to foreign countries are identical to 32s, only lacking the cannonball stamp and with foreign military markings.

If you wanted to clutch at straws, you could hope it was a European made sword, which we're very similar to 32s, but Germany has better craftsman than that.

These are real Type 32s. The difference should be obvious, but feel free to check NMB for a list by the OP with the other fake 32. I included a picture of the re-stamped 32 as well, because it shows that it's not just saya that are re-stamped (I also have a saya that has been stamped three times! The owners obviously had bad luck with swords.

Type 32 sword in cosmoline....Type 32 sword in cosmoline....Type 32 sword in cosmoline....

Hey, I just posted on the NMB thread .... Did you buy this from someone named "Alison W"? The blades are exactly the same blade. It appears the saya was oiled heavily or coated with something, but they are the same blade.

It seems that after being told by NMB members that this was an immitation/fake the owner immediately sold it to you. If you were not informed of our evaluation, then they intentionally misrepresented the sword to you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 32 sword in cosmoline....   Type 32 sword in cosmoline....  

?

I think that is the clincher though, either way you'll want to return the sword. Be careful buying online. You can always ask for opinions on either forum and there will be plenty of people willing to help. I've had a few people ask privately about 95s too, because of the dreaded 'magpies' that lurk on every forum (people who swoop in and steal good finds or bargains). That's fine too, the regulars are honest, honorable people.

Thanks shamsy and Bruce...

No... she replied to emails as Michelle. I’ve already told her I’m sending it back. I plan on just refusing the package to avoid any other shipping fees.

As always, thanks for the info... otherwise I would’ve purchased a dud! At least I’m Confident that the first 32 sword is an original.

Thanks Bruce for letting me know about the other forum and this sword. This is the reason I will only use credit cards to purchase items.

?

Yep, first looks like a nice example.

?

Otzu NCO Type 32 dated 1911 (Meiji 44)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2