Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Type-38 and bayonet

Article about: My brother's Type-38, with a bayonet that he also got with it. Is the bayonet the correct one for this rifle? He says that it will fit, but it's very tight and he's afraid to cause damage to

Default Type-38 and bayonet

My brother's Type-38, with a bayonet that he also got with it. Is the bayonet the correct one for this rifle? He says that it will fit, but it's very tight and he's afraid to cause damage to it when removing. The rifle itself is in very good condition, with the reciever looking hardly worn. The stock is dinged up, as it would be if it was issued. The Mum has not been ground, which I believe may mean it was "taken" not "surrendered"? The action feels very tight, with a slight "spring back" on the bolt when lifting the bolt handle. The last 3 digits of the s/n are repeated at the base of the bolt handle, if you can see the pic. Any info you can provide as to yera made or anything, is appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type-38 and bayonet   Type-38 and bayonet  

Type-38 and bayonet   Type-38 and bayonet  

Default Re: Type-38 and bayonet

bayonet is correct for this short rifle,,,

Type-38 and bayonetType-38 and bayonetType-38 and bayonetType-38 and bayonetVery earley MUM looks good. the bayo will be tight if not on and off all the time alittle gun oil will help. All of this type of bayo should fit any Type38. the bayo is a 1870-1935 KOISHIKAWA ARSENAL i think if not its KOKURA. IMOP REGARDS ERIC. Here pics of mine good looking set though

?

To me this looks like a training school rifle to be fired with blank cartridges only.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    To me this looks like a training school rifle to be fired with blank cartridges only.
    How do come up with that? maybe you see something i dont.

?

I found out it is not a training rifle but a North Chinese type 19. One sold on gunbroker for over $2300. These were made in 6.5mm and 8mm,which is yours ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type-38 and bayonet   Type-38 and bayonet  

Last edited by zwerge; 12-23-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Mine is a 6.5 i have not seen one like it in person before very nice. ERIC

I'm not sure which cal it is, and I do not have any 6.5mm ammo. Is the 8mm the 7.92 Mauser round? I do have some of those to check for fit, if it is. EZ: your set also looks very good, is that the full length rifle? Zwerge: Which rifle sold for $2300, my version or EZ's version? Thank you for all the info, it was very helpful.

Mike

?

Quote by csty6973 View Post
    I'm not sure which cal it is, and I do not have any 6.5mm ammo. Is the 8mm the 7.92 Mauser round? I do have some of those to check for fit, if it is. EZ: your set also looks very good, is that the full length rifle? Zwerge: Which rifle sold for $2300, my version or EZ's version? Thank you for all the info, it was very helpful.

Mike
    csty6973 yes that is 7.92 mauser and that is your version that sold for $2300. Do a Google search for ...north china type 19 carbine....lots of info on there.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE