Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Type 4 Japanese Grenades

Article about: An upstanding forum member here on WRF was kind enough to source two Type 4 ceramic grenades for me. Both have cracked and have been restored with glue, rubber tips and cloth ties. But they

MAP
    ?

Default Type 4 Japanese Grenades

An upstanding forum member here on WRF was kind enough to source two Type 4 ceramic grenades for me.

Both have cracked and have been restored with glue, rubber tips and cloth ties. But they look great and will display well.

I never see these locally so happy to add a few to the collection. And having never held one in hand before I was a bit surprised at how big they were. Always assumed they were tennis ball sized but they are a bit bigger than a baseball. And have a nice hefty weight to them.

Thanks again!

M

Type 4 Japanese Grenades

Type 4 Japanese Grenades
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Always thought these where very cool, nice pickup!

?

Great additions ! A bit surprised though, here in Michigan, I see these at shows quite frequently, although different coloring and without the extras..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys.

In all the years of collecting, I have not seen one in any of the local shows near me. Guess all the vets were from the European theater LoL!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Pretty cool to see them with pretty much all the kit. The ones I have seen for sale in the U.K. are usually just empty with only the ceramic body

MAP
    ?

It is my understanding that the rubber and ties are replacements as well, but it completes the look. I'm sure all the originals were torn off to deactivate the grenades. But pure speculation on my part.

?

Why do they look like they belong there? Nice garden decorations. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

MAP
    ?

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Why do they look like they belong there? Nice garden decorations. Rich A. in Pa.
    LoL! Because they do! The colors match up well! Tried to find a spot that matched the tones as best I could.

Thanks for all the help!

?

There was someone on eBay selling the repro parts for Type 4 that included the plug filling in for the match type fuse, cap/striker, rubber cover and tie. It's nice to have one to display with your Type 4s. I have a few with kiln stamp markings and several colors.
    Type 4 Japanese Grenades
    Type 4 Japanese Grenades

?

Those are nice. I think I have 13 or 14 kiln numbers. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.