Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Type 89 Grenade discharger

Article about: Hello all,I thought I would post a few photos of a piece of equipment usually only seen from a distance or in faded photographs. Although the dust cover and the leather pull lanyard have gon

MAP
    ?

Oh...and great photography
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you all for the comments it is a pleasure to be here! G.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Oh...and great photography
    Yes better than the "Average" postings.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Welcome Geoff and thanks for showing this seldom seen item. It is great!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great looking Knee Mortar

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Once again Thank you all for your comments and kind remarks! I thought I would add a little info on the markings in the hopes Stu and GHP would add their user friendly charts for reference on numbers and markings! Please feel free to correct me if I have made an error as I am still learning! Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 89 Grenade discharger  

?

Welcome Geoff , thanks for showing this great example of an iconic piece of Japanese military hardware . A great post and a real treat to see
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Quote by Geoff Ward View Post
    I thought I would add a little info on the markings in the hopes Stu and GHP would add their user friendly charts for reference on numbers and markings! Please feel free to correct me if I have made an error as I am still learning!
    The translation of the markings are as follows.
    26563 = serial number.
    昭十五 = made in 1940.
    名古屋工廠 = Nagoya Arsenal logo (supervising arsenal).
    株式會社・大隈鐵工所 = KK Ōkuma Tekkōjo trademark (manufacturer).
    名 = Nagoya Arsenal final inspection mark.

?

That is a fantastic knee mortar in superb condition! I would so love to have one of those! Great item, top photography Geoff!

Still no progress in reproducing a spring cover? Fact is that the army allowed you to field-improvise a replacement with whatever cloth available in the field.

They were originally issued with 5 sets as replacement, but the cloth sleeve for the recoil spring was rated "class 3" in the field repair permissibility rating, which allowed use of non-standard parts.

See below for field functionality check and repair manual excerpts on the knee mortar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 89 Grenade discharger   Type 89 Grenade discharger  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast