Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Type 90 Helmet Authentication

Article about: Hi all, I recently purchased this Type 90 helmet and was looking for some input on if everything looks OK on it. My main collection focus is US helmets but I've been wanting to add an Army T

Thanks for all the feedback on this one guys! Really happy to have a type 90 in the collection finally.

Hang on to it, I can't believe the prices on these lids, the prices have skyrocketed in the last five or six years. They're higher in price than some German helmets and some have liners that look like they went through a mulcher.

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Bill, Indeed. I picked a pretty clean example (shown here) about 6 years ago for $750. I thought that was a good price. My guess is that the IJA material including helmets were not produced in the numbers seen for the German armed forces. Also, the quality of the Japanese helmet is inferior. The first one I had was cracked. They must have disintegrated pretty quickly over time. Neil

MAP
    ?

Glad I purchased my IJN and IJA helmets when I did. Prices have skyrocketed to the point that I would shy away from a purchase today.

While the photos are a bit harsh they are high quality. Appreciate the quality photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've "only" been collecting for 6 or 7 years but still wish I had pulled the trigger on one sooner. I bought my one Stalhelm back in 2020 for a fair price but didn't decide to dig into the details on Japanese helmets enough until recently to feel comfortable making a purchase. I don't plan on selling this one unless I come across a nicer one for a really good price or I really thin down my collection.

And thank you for the comment on the photos MAP, I invested some time in getting a lightbox and learning how to best utilize my phone camera with it earlier in the year after getting tired of getting subpar photos when documenting my collection. It feels like it sometimes captures too much detail but I'd rather that versus losing detail to poor focusing like I was previously.

Not where I have it permanently but here's it on the shelf, not perfect but I think it displays much better than the lightbox photos would lead you to believe.

Type 90 Helmet Authentication

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2