Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Type 98 Shin Gunto Katana Sword WWII

Article about: T98 Shin gunto with leather combat cover ; nice condition ; your opinion of authenticity, is welcome

I'm not here to argue with you. I'm telling you what I saw based on your pictures. What I saw is a blade that is made by people other than Japanese.

The problem of this game is, if you show me picture of your dog, I'm telling you it's a dog. If you show a horse, I'm telling you it's a horse.

If you show me a deer hiding in the woods, if I can't see the deer, I'm telling you there's nothing in the woods.

Quote by Sporter90 View Post
    I'm not here to argue with you. I'm telling you what I saw based on your pictures. What I saw is a blade that is made by people other than Japanese.

The problem of this game is, if you show me picture of your dog, I'm telling you it's a dog. If you show a horse, I'm telling you it's a horse.

If you show me a deer hiding in the woods, if I can't see the deer, I'm telling you there's nothing in the woods.

This is my point, your words are irrelevant, the facts and arguments given me by Bruce P. and DaveR are important so they should give me 3 strikes

Sporter, I whish you all well

The three strikes are not toward you, but only to the sword, which has more than three problems.

Quote by antiques and hobby View Post
    This is my point, your words are irrelevant, the facts and arguments given me by Bruce P. and DaveR are important so they should give me 3 strikes

Sporter, I whish you all well
    Dude, you asked for opinions and evaluations - that's what you got. If you want "yes men" say so up front.

Doing antique blade evaluation over the internet, without having the item in hand, is a sketchy business for us all. And blades that are iffy to begin with make that process even more difficult. The challenge-and-response process we go through is necessary to the hobby, and I have been wrong as many times as I've been right, and often learned a thing or two in the process.

On top of it all is the loss of voice inflection, and body language, that comes with text-style communication. It easily leads to implication of rudeness, which is usually not meant that way. Of course some guys are blunt, and lack tact. But we are dealing with a hobby of weapons of destruction, so people need to leave their dance dresses at home if they plan to mix with warriors! HA! Kidding, but you know what I mean!

Quote by Sporter90 View Post
    I'm not here to argue with you.
    I just want you to be principled
    Once again, I whish you all the best

Quote by Bruce Pennington View Post
    Dude, you asked for opinions and evaluations - that's what you got. If you want "yes men" say so up front.

Doing antique blade evaluation over the internet, without having the item in hand, is a sketchy business for us all. And blades that are iffy to begin with make that process even more difficult. The challenge-and-response process we go through is necessary to the hobby, and I have been wrong as many times as I've been right, and often learned a thing or two in the process.

On top of it all is the loss of voice inflection, and body language, that comes with text-style communication. It easily leads to implication of rudeness, which is usually not meant that way. Of course some guys are blunt, and lack tact. But we are dealing with a hobby of weapons of destruction, so people need to leave their dance dresses at home if they plan to mix with warriors! HA! Kidding, but you know what I mean!
    No Dude, I have allready wrote about your expertise and accepted it

So, for the end, let's end up with my hybrid sword ... there are more members and swords waiting for their 5 minutes ... all OK. Cheers

?

A&H,

Thank you for the additional photographs.

Interesting piece. It's always tough to analyze an item over the Internet. I'm not really concerned about the tightness of wrappings or quality of fittings provided they fall within parameters I've come across in my travels and studies but where I tend to draw the line is with a blade that has issues and I feel yours does. The geometry is sufficiently different from established norms of the period that I'm left with the belief that it's a not a Japanese made blade.

Kind Regards,
    Stu

Quote by Stu W View Post
    A&H,

Thank you for the additional photographs.

Interesting piece. It's always tough to analyze an item over the Internet. I'm not really concerned about the tightness of wrappings or quality of fittings provided they fall within parameters I've come across in my travels and studies but where I tend to draw the line is with a blade that has issues and I feel yours does. The geometry is sufficiently different from established norms of the period that I'm left with the belief that it's a not a Japanese made blade.

Kind Regards,
    Stu
    your comment is another example (in addition to DaveR and Bruce P.) of professionalism and arguments.
    Thanks. Regards

Trying to dictate desired mannerisms of those who respond while also assuming ‘principles’ of people you don’t know on a public forum sounds a little uncompromising at best. Seems to me that Sporter90 copped the brunt of your disappointment regarding the feedback here. Poor form sir!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast