Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents

Article about: Hello, a new arrival from a seller/friend in Japan. A nice little grouping for a very fair price I think, \\$32US. I do not usually collect this type of militria, but I thought it would look g

Default WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents

Hello, a new arrival from a seller/friend in Japan. A nice little grouping for a very fair price I think, $32US. I do not usually collect this type of militria, but I thought it would look good with my Japanese hand grenade collection. They do not take up much space, and the price was right. The small flag is the type attached to the end of the rifle often.

The bag is named to Saito Yasuichiro, and that is the Kanji stampings in the thin rectangle box on the left. I am having the rear of bag translated, as well as the rest. Judging by the uniforms, I think the picture might be circa early/mid 1930's??? I am not a Japanese uniform, or medal collector. I also think this soldier was an officer in the Navy/ IJN, but not sure yet, or even from the same person. They were found together though, so most probably are. I am starting to collect items owned and used by soldiers, and battlefield relics. I find them much more interesting and have a story to tell.

I am doing more research to find out for sure on everything, and what the medal/pin is. If you know, please let me and others know. It is Odd to me. It looks like an Army star, but the medal has a Navy anchor. I have two stars that look like just this star, mounted or attached to a Nambu holster that was period done, and I believe it is Army, but could be wrong.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents   WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents  

WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents   WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents  

WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents   WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents  

Default Re: WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents

Here is the translation of the bag that my Japanese friend over there sent me, in case anyone is interested. Please read what she Carefully.

Do you think She is trying to tell me something more than the translation? LOL

Dear Steve,

The name of this bag : HOUKOU- BUKURO

NAME : SAITOU YASUICHIROU

back side : The items in this bag

1, Military handbook , Medals , Badges

2, Certificate of well-qualified person, Cetificate of spcial education of military training

3, Draft paper , Roll call warrent

4, the others : Passbook etc. The items that you need for draftee

Thank you once again and have a wonderfuk day!

Best regards

?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post

have a wonderfuk day!
    well i will try to lmfao

& also you have some great stuff there thanks for sharing

Quote by NickD View Post
    well i will try to lmfao

& also you have some great stuff there thanks for sharing
    Hi Nick!!,thanks. I also laughed my ass off!!
    It's only one letter off on the keyboard, but a funny one letter off!

Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hello, a new arrival from a seller/friend in Japan. A nice little grouping for a very fair price I think, $32US. I do not usually collect this type of militria, but I thought it would look good with my Japanese hand grenade collection. They do not take up much space, and the price was right. The small flag is the type attached to the end of the rifle often.

The bag is named to Saito Yasuichiro, and that is the Kanji stampings in the thin rectangle box on the left. I am having the rear of bag translated, as well as the rest. Judging by the uniforms, I think the picture might be circa early/mid 1930's??? I am not a Japanese uniform, or medal collector. I also think this soldier was an officer in the Navy/ IJN, but not sure yet, or even from the same person. They were found together though, so most probably are. I am starting to collect items owned and used by soldiers, and battlefield relics. I find them much more interesting and have a story to tell.

I am doing more research to find out for sure on everything, and what the medal/pin is. If you know, please let me and others know. It is Odd to me. It looks like an Army star, but the medal has a Navy anchor. I have two stars that look like just this star, mounted or attached to a Nambu holster that was period done, and I believe it is Army, but could be wrong.

Regards, Steve
    He Steve,

looks like some fine items. I have that some medal/badge thingy. I see on ebay it gets listed as Japanese Miltary assoc badge, veteran badge, Army Navy badge but not sure what it is. Speaking of Japanese items i will make a listing of mine with some photos soon. But here are some shots from some items i just got the other day. Some of the Japanese paper items i have no idea what they are but they were captured in 1944 and I have the capture paper with them. I do know two of the items are Japanese military pocketbooks with the soldiers info which needs to be transulated. THere are some other odds and ends as well. i'll get shots of my medals and other stuff soon. The one is the type 26 holster and i will get one of the gun too.

Sorry for the Patrick/spongebob character and penguin in the background..gifts from my girlfriend.
    Sean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents   WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents  

WW2 IJN Japanese Personal Effects Bag & Contents  

?

Steve,

Let me get my two cents in on your items.

The Pin is:

Imperial Military Veteran Member Badge/Pin (your choice)

The bag is a:

Service Bag
    Name – Saito Yasuichiro
    Contents
    1. Military identification, medals, and badges.
    2. Special military-related training certification.
    3. Call up and mobilization order(s).
    4. Also, bank account book, and items necessary for mobilization preparation, and mobilization, etc.

FYI the photos are in front of the Imperial Palace. If you could get a clear shot of the flags,we might be able to identify the unit.

Sean

If you could get clearer photos of the post cards, letters, booklets, etc,, I should be able to translate them.

Also need clearer and bigger if possible shots of the medals.

Thanks,

Tom

Quote by tmys View Post
    Steve,

Let me get my two cents in on your items.

The Pin is:

Imperial Military Veteran Member Badge/Pin (your choice)

The bag is a:

Service Bag
    Name – Saito Yasuichiro
    Contents
    1. Military identification, medals, and badges.
    2. Special military-related training certification.
    3. Call up and mobilization order(s).
    4. Also, bank account book, and items necessary for mobilization preparation, and mobilization, etc.

FYI the photos are in front of the Imperial Palace. If you could get a clear shot of the flags,we might be able to identify the unit.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Hello Tom, I thought that was the Imperial palace, thanks for your 2 cents worth and confirming it is....the photo is very deteriorated and no way to get a clear scan of the flags unfortunately.... thanks also for info on the pin and bag.......my friend did a very good job translating, she said almost the same....and also wished for me to have a wonderfuk day ....... still LMAO when I see that

?

Well the fact that i cant see the photos is annoying but the letter she wrote is extremely funny, you might say a slip of the finger, which could really be painful in the wrong hands, lol

Quote by davejb View Post
    Well the fact that i cant see the photos is annoying but the letter she wrote is extremely funny, you might say a slip of the finger, which could really be painful in the wrong hands, lol

haha!

the photos are there...you should be able to them??

?

Steve,

Left out association for the pin; it should read:

Imperial Military Veteran Association Member Badge/Pin (your choice)

The third photo with the flag pole at 11 o'clock looks readable. Could you send blow up of it and give me the best contrast you can.

Thanks,

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast