Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel

Article about: Hi guys, I have a chance to get a sword and I'd have to drive a couple hours to get it, apparently its from a WWII Marines estate. I don't know anything about swords and these pictures the s

?

Please post any other cool items that you might pick up at the sale!

Tom

Quote by hftiii View Post
    Please post any other cool items that you might pick up at the sale!

Tom
    These are the only items I got other than the two swords. All in pretty poor condition from being kept in a garage since the war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel   WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel  

WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel   WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel  

I managed to find Virgil's final resting place.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel  

ok here is something helpful you can get his records from Research a Veteran ~ Access Military Service Records ⋆ Golden Arrow Research i have used him to get records for some of my USMC uniforms one is the 2nd marine division. i am not sure because of rona how long the wait time is. was not trying to sidetrack the thread just thought books to learn more about what you have would help. good luck in your collecting adventures this is the place for info.
    Last edited by jeeplover; 07-26-2021 at 03:57 AM.

Quote by jeeplover View Post
    ghp95134 i would like to know more about the book Marcus Sesko's Japanese Swordsmiths: i have (((OSHIGATA BOOK OF MODERN JAPANESE SWORDSMITHS 1868-1945 BY JOHN SLOUGH))) (((Hawley's books))) and also (((Military Swords of Japan 1868-1945 Fuller, Richard; Gregory, Ron))) and last (((Swords of Imperial Japan , 1868 - 1945 Jim Dawson))) is the book going to have any new info that these do not?
    Please do not sidetrack John's thread. If you wish to find out more info on books, please start your own thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I hate to keep bringing this thread back up but I thought you guys might enjoy seeing the Muster rolls for Virgil. He was indeed in Japan for occupational duty so I think that solves the mystery of how he souvenired the Formosa sword.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel  

Just finished the final display. I made the decision to take off one of the patches off Virgil's uniform. It had multiple major holes in it and there was no name in the jacket. It also had a pretty bad musty smell.

I decided I'm going to sell the Formosa sword so that is why its not in my display. I'm more of a combat collector and I think someone else will enjoy it more. I'll give the chance to the buyer if they want to have his other uniform & blanket. I hate to break apart a grouping but at least his name will be passed on to the new owner.

Thanks again everyone for your help, I couldn't collect without you guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel   WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel  

WWII Japanese Officers Sword w/ Tassel  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3