Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"11th Armata" cross

Article about: Hello everyone, today I wanted to show you an Italian Army award, that I like a lot for his understated aesthetic but martial at the same time, it is the Cross of XI Army; this medal coined

Default "11th Armata" cross

Hello everyone,
    today I wanted to show you an Italian Army award, that I like a lot for his understated aesthetic but martial at the same time, it is the Cross of XI Army; this medal coined as a result of a private initiative was granted to all Veterans of the Campaign Greek-Albanian, particularly painful for the Italian Army because of the heavy losses in human life suffered during the war operations but also because of the terrible winter of 1940-41 .
    Originally born with a smaller red ribbon (1.8 mm) but the replacement was fairly widespread with a larger tape; it is complete of its mignon version for civilian clothes.
    I also add a distinctive concerning the same war campaign coined by the new Albanian Government and distributed to Italian Veterans.

regards
    Roberto

"11th  Armata" cross"11th  Armata" cross"11th  Armata" cross"11th  Armata" cross"11th  Armata" cross"11th  Armata" cross"11th  Armata" cross"11th  Armata" cross

nice looking medal.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice looking medal.
    Thanks, harryamb
    I am glad you appreciated.

MAP
    ?

Very nice. From your description is sounds like these are not too common
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice. From your description is sounds like these are not too common
    Hi Micheal,
    I think it's a beautiful medal with a great story, but as I said was unconditionally distributed to all Veterans, so in Italy you can find it again without problems and at affordable prices; unfortunately often they find themselves with ribbons non-original, perhaps more difficult to find it along with the mini version.

regards
    Roberto

MAP
    ?

Thanks! I just assumed that if it was only for the veterans of a certain campaign it was more limited in distribution.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello,

It's a nice medal. I'd like to have one too !
    And the miniature is a plus.

Quote by Shining View Post
    Hello,

It's a nice medal. I'd like to have one too !
    And the miniature is a plus.
    Thanks Shining,
    it is not a rare medal, but actually this is complete and in very good condition, a good find for me.

?

Nice award. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.