Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

ANR collar insignia?

Article about: I have a metal insignia that I'm having a hard time identifying with any degree of certainty. The theory I'm most confident about is that it's a collar insignia for a member of the Aeronauti

Default ANR collar insignia?

I have a metal insignia that I'm having a hard time identifying with any degree of certainty. The theory I'm most confident about is that it's a collar insignia for a member of the Aeronautica Nazionale Republicana, who continued to fight on the Axis side after the armistice. Can anyone confirm this? Here's the insignia in question:

ANR collar insignia?

ANR collar insignia?

This insignia came from the estate of a Canadian soldier who'd fought in Italy, so I expect it's a genuine example (whatever it is!) and not a copy, but I'd appreciate your thoughts about this. Thanks!

Hi Hallibag; this kind of insignia replaced the stars on the uniforms of every branch of service during the RSI period, so it's impossible to say if it actually belonged to an aviator; it existed in 3 sizes, small to large, respectively for collar tabs, shirts and overcoats. Your seems to be of the medium size.

Thank you, Ziomanno!