Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Brigadier uniform

Article about: Hello everyone , I would like your opinion regarding this brigadier general's uniform, I am personally concerned that the eagle of the hat does not have a cross inside and the helmet, althou

Default Brigadier uniform

Hello everyone ,
    I would like your opinion regarding this brigadier general's uniform,
    I am personally concerned that the eagle of the hat does not have a cross inside and the helmet, although the shell appears to be of the war period,
    I think that the "Z" is not a good element, without being sure that it is rule.
    Thank you in advance!!!

Brigadier uniform Brigadier uniform

Brigadier uniform

Hi Terry, I would say that there is little to add to your fair observations.
    The uniform is a good example of mod 1940, but indeed the cap badge is missing the cross in the central oval, symbol of the royal house, and this is very strange.
    In truth these uniforms were used for consumption even after the exile of the King, therefore in the period 1946-1947 and deprived of the royal symbols and with the degrees moved from the forearm to the shoulder pads, but in that case the first thing that was removed was the royal crown placed above the eagle, while in this case it is still present.
    Even the campaign ribbons placed on the jacket are a bit scarce for a General Officer of this level.
    I also confirm your doubts about the helmet, certainly an original shell but for frieze and interior there may be doubts, on this last point, not only for the type of rear seam but also for the color and state of conservation of the felt placed underneath the skin of the liner.
    Of course, this is just my personal opinion.

Regards
    Roberto