Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Croce di Ghiaccio

Article about: Hi all ! Unsigned version. I saw crosses with Lorioli Milano signature + name of the project's author. Were the unsigned versions also made by Lorioli Milano? Regards !

Default Croce di Ghiaccio

Hi all !

Unsigned version. I saw crosses with Lorioli Milano signature + name of the project's author. Were the unsigned versions also made by Lorioli Milano?

Regards !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Croce di Ghiaccio   Croce di Ghiaccio  

Hi,
    for the Ice Cross, not being an official award even if very widespread and appreciated by Veterans, there is no documentation other than the productions marked "Lorioli".
    It is very probable that it was also produced by other manufacturers, during and after the War.
    What I can say about your example is only a widespread opinion among collectors, therefore without any certainty:
    your example is a variant, made in kriegsmetal with the inside painted, it is probable of war production, and could have been made by "Lorioli"; the original ribbon is beautiful, on which the imprint of the paper clip that kept it fixed to the conferral certificate is still visible.
    In my opinion a very nice example and currently no longer easy to find.

Regards
    Roberto

Hi
    Thank you for the information. The cross is made of silver-plated metal + varnish. Italian decorations from the "Mussolini era" and World War 2 are very nice. Unfortunately, poorly available in Poland and the difference between Euro and Polish currency means that foreign dealers are not attractive to me. Nevertheless, when I have the opportunity, I buy "Italy"

Regards

I have also seen a miniature of this cross. Not signed. Unfortunately, I was late and someone bought it.

Regards