Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with hat and badge

Article about: Hi guys . just wondering if anyone could shine some light on this hat and its badge , it was in a box of german bits i bought a few years ago, im sure the cloth badge is military in some for

Default Help with hat and badge

Hi guys . just wondering if anyone could shine some light on this hat and its badge , it was in a box of german bits i bought a few years ago, im sure the cloth badge is military in some form , cheers Raymond Help with hat and badge

Help with hat and badge

Help with hat and badge

Default Re: Help with hat and badge

It's definitely an Italian hat. (Maybe for the Alpini mountain troops?)

Please see here:

Category:Military insignia of Italy - Wikimedia Commons

Alpini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(I can't offer any additional information, though, as I know only very little about Italian insignia

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's definitely an Italian hat. (Maybe for the Alpini mountain troops?)

Please see here:

Category:Military insignia of Italy - Wikimedia Commons

Alpini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(I can't offer any additional information, though, as I know only very little about Italian insignia
    Thanks for that mate , iv looked it up
    diffinitely Italian mountian troops , dont know if ww1 or ww2 , anyone any ideas on what its worth im thinking of moveing it on , cheers Raymond

Tom2
    ?

Most definitely not a common item! Hard to say value, perhaps somewhere like ebay with a long auction and nice writeup and photos? Let it rise to the market value versus guessing and underselling. Well that works in theory. Hard to determine value on such an uncommon item I suppose. Very nice though!

Thanks Tom , cheers Raymond

?

It does look like the Alpini.
    I’ve seen just the chicken badge, but during WWII Alpine Infantry had bugle with crossed rifles, Artillery crossed cannons and Engineers crossed axes.
    The hole on the side could be from a feather holder?
    Not much help!

Tom2
    ?

OK for another clue? I have been looking at a magazine, "Military Heritage Presents-WWII HISTORY". November 2008 issue. On page 30, there is a picture of a trio of Italian partisans taken near Venice in 1945. There is at least one partisan with a cap that certainly looks identical, with a feather hanging off the side. The tantelising bit is that he is turned from the camera and you can just see the left end of the emblem on the front-could it be like yours? No way to tell, alas. But if you can find more photos of Italian partisans somewhere, maybe online, perhaps spot another? Well more clues to start with.

Thanks for the imput guys , great pieces of history comeing out , i may have to keep it , cheers Raymond