Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian flag

Article about: Hello everyone! I'm rather new to collecting Italian stuff so i wanted to ask for help with this flag? It's Approx. 38" x 68, The Savoy Coat of Arms seems to be configured in a strange

Default Italian flag

Hello everyone!
    I'm rather new to collecting Italian stuff so i wanted to ask for help with this flag? It's Approx. 38" x 68, The Savoy Coat of Arms seems to be configured in a strange way. The Coat of Arms is tilted in a sideways configuration as if to be a wall or banner flag yet the colors would be turned sideways as well which the aren't. I wanted to know if this is a real flag or some kind of fake , I know flags like this are hard to date the seller believes it to be from the 40's there is a very small ink stamp with a star in the middle, and is asking for $225.

Any info is appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian flag   Italian flag  

Italian flag   Italian flag  

Italian flag   Italian flag  

Italian flag  

I have a ww2 flag like this except the seal is horizontal. However, it is made just like yours and has the same strings to attach it to pole. I also paid $225 for mine. Looks good to me.