Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Helmet ww2 or post-war? Help

Article about: Hi! I found this Italian helmet in Brazil and I don't know its dates (whether or not it is post-war). can you help me? cheers Attachment 1528559Attachment 1528560Attachment 1528561Attachment

?

Default Italian Helmet ww2 or post-war? Help

Hi!

I found this Italian helmet in Brazil and I don't know its dates (whether or not it is post-war).

can you help me?

cheers

Italian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? Help

Hi joaobr,
    the shell of your helmet is an early pre-war production, from the mid 30's, the underlying paint (sage green) is the original one.
    The green repainting and the leather of the liner on the other hand do not look Italian, in particular the leather is very similar, but has fewer ventilation holes than the original Italian version; I think this is a refurbished helmet from other user Armies.
    This model was widely used, during and after the Spanish War by the Spanish Army, but also by Finland and a small amount by the Argentine Army; probably yours is a post-war Spanish reuse.

Regards
    Roberto

?

hello,

Thank you so much for your comments Roberto!

I got more pictures of the helmet, I'll send it here.

It has a hole in the front. It is a regular and well centered hole. So it was made for fixing some emblem, I believe.

On the sides, there are marks of old shields that have been removed. It is possible to see scratch marks in the paint for the shields to be removed.
    It is possible to see tiny "dots" that are left over from the old shields. One black, one yellow and one red dot on one side. On the other side it is only possible to see a black dot that was part of the old decal removed

cheers

Italian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? Help

?

I also found this emblem, apparently they were also from the same person. But I don't know what period it could be

Italian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? HelpItalian Helmet ww2 or post-war? Help

Hi,
    I can still confirm that the leather and the felt of the liner are not of the type commonly used in helmets 33, neither during nor after the War.
    I have no evidence even in the handmade variants in the Navy or Air Force arsenals, I only found an Air Force M33 in my collection, which has a felt similar to that of your example; for this reason I think it probable that it is reuse by some other Country.
    With the elements available it is difficult for me to add more, maybe some other opinion can help you.

Regards

?

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Hi,
    I can still confirm that the leather and the felt of the liner are not of the type commonly used in helmets 33, neither during nor after the War.
    I have no evidence even in the handmade variants in the Navy or Air Force arsenals, I only found an Air Force M33 in my collection, which has a felt similar to that of your example; for this reason I think it probable that it is reuse by some other Country.
    With the elements available it is difficult for me to add more, maybe some other opinion can help you.

Regards
    Thanks for the always very good comments Roberto.

I agree that it is a foreign liner. Since he's so different.

In contact with another collector, it was said that it is most likely a Spanish helmet, due to the hole in the front to fix the emblem.

As for the decals, they must be the work of someone who wanted a static Italian-German helmet from the 2nd war.

?

It's a badge of the Italian Air Force: pilot license marked by Johnson ( Milan)

I have many doubts that he belonged to the Spanish Army. That paint does not correspond to any of the ones used by the Spanish Armed Forces in any of its variants. In addition, all the helmets that I have seen here in Spain, retain their original Italian lining.

Regards
    Juanjo.

Hi all,
    I believe this helmet was used by the Bulgarian army after war, the leather is similar to the Bulgaria helmets.
    Shell is WWII, the hole on it is for me after war made because the Spanish have 2 holes and not only one of my view.
    Fred

Quote by salw17 View Post
    It's a badge of the Italian Air Force: pilot license marked by Johnson ( Milan)
    Correct, but post war.