Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Italian knives

Article about: These are the three Italian knives I have for the moment… I have been told bad quality and sometimes I can agree with that but I see them as very interesting historical blades… If you ju

?

Default Italian knives

These are the three Italian knives I have for the moment… I have been told bad quality and sometimes I can agree with that but I see them as very interesting historical blades… If you just think about quality you can´t collect late Japanese bayonets or late German items either because late in the war the quality was not the same as in the beginning…
    Best,
    H
    Sweden
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian knives  

?

Really beautiful (and expensive), congratulations on nice pieces of history in your possession.
    F
    Italy

Very nice italian MVSN Dagger & Knife!, the one in the right side of the photo I don't remember which organisation belongs to...combat infantry knife?, I have a MVSN knife myself and never thought is a low quality item, just simple for it purpose

Regards

Nacho

?

The first on the right is a GIL (Gioventù Italiana del Littorio), a parade dagger for children aged 8 and over. It was shown off in the fashion shows that took place on a weekly basis. It was distributed with a sheath of pressed cardboard or leather and was not intended for war purposes. It was also reused by the departments of the RSI (Italian Social Republic). There is an identical model with the wording "opera balilla" that is a few years older.

Nice collection of Italian Knives. Thank you for sharing. Some say quality vs quantity. I just say owning one is better than not owning one. Congrats.
    John

?

Nice knives. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

MAP
    ?

Nice. I've wanted a MSVN dagger for years. But prices are just way too high.

I have a heavily used GIL that has seen better days LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)