Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian M33 Helmet Pick-Up...

Article about: Good Morning, Friends... I managed to score this Italian M33 yesterday for \\$20...I remember in the 1980s when these could be had for under \\$10 and still went unsold...But it's become clear t

Default Italian M33 Helmet Pick-Up...

Good Morning, Friends...
    I managed to score this Italian M33 yesterday for $20...I remember in the 1980s when these could be had for under $10 and still went unsold -Nobody wanted them!...But it's become clear to me that those days are long gone and it's not so easy to find them anymore - let alone at a good price...-I should have kept the one I bought as a teenager for $7.00, lol...
    This example was used in the Spanish Civil War, and although it's obviously seen better days - It's complete, will clean up nicely and look good displayed next to my Stahlhelm...

cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian M33 Helmet Pick-Up...   Italian M33 Helmet Pick-Up...  

Italian M33 Helmet Pick-Up...   Italian M33 Helmet Pick-Up...  

Glen,

This is a great looking helmet, regardless of the condition.. The patina on this makes it "sing".. I am Sicilian on my mothers side and must admit that I have never thought of collecting Italian militaria, but you have peaked my interests..

Smitty

?

Nice helmet for a great price.
    Rakasan187,Good luck in collecting Italian stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Excellent pick up Glenn, looking for one, that's reasonably priced, myself.
    "Per Ardua"

Italian M33 in their original WW2 pre-1945 configuration have become most popular among helmet collectors. I myself laid out quite a lot to obtain one recently.
    Used to laugh & ignore them...finding them undesirable. Not anymore.
    Anyway...good for you Glenn. Nice used one that looks complete
    Nice job on the photography too. I enlarged the liner pics & really cool to look at. Please don't clean it up...looks so nice like this IMO !!

Exactly!! - Nobody wanted them!!...I remember a seller at the Louisville, KY Ramada Inn Militaria Show back in 1981-82, he had at least 30 of them stacked up for $7.00 a piece and they weren't selling...It's interesting to look back and see how the Militaria-Collecting Hobby has developed its own Trends and Dynamics with the passing years....Same goes for the humble "Tinnies" which have undergone the same change...First they were silly-cheap and at the bottom on the desirability scale, but look at some of the prices now - An entirely different ballgame....And US Helmets as well...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 07-06-2017 at 05:37 PM.

The US M1 helmets took a "nose dive" recently. About 6-7 years ago they peaked. Last couple of years they are on a decline. "Supply & Demand" & of course demographics.

Quote by real steel View Post
    The US M1 helmets took a "nose dive" recently. About 6-7 years ago they peaked. Last couple of years they are on a decline. "Supply & Demand" & of course demographics.
    Next on my List are a US WWI Brodie and a WWI French Adrian...I enjoy the thrill of the hunt, lol...
    Thanks to All for your Friendly Input - much appreciated, Friends...
    cheers, Glenn

?

I really like this one Glenn, awesome patina........well done sir!

A nice helmet Glenn, certainly very worn, but with great character and with all the original components.

Regards
    Roberto

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast