Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Naval Style Tunic

Article about: Hi all, Not too sure if this is in the correct place, or if it's truly an original piece or a theatre prop/fashion item. I've had this for a while now and have not seen another like it in at

Default Italian Naval Style Tunic

Hi all,

Not too sure if this is in the correct place, or if it's truly an original piece or a theatre prop/fashion item. I've had this for a while now and have not seen another like it in attempting to do my research on it.

This tunic is made with the usual naval type doeskin material with a deep blue colour and the vibrant silk-like red liner. The epaulettes have three stripes on them that match up to the three stripes on the left sleeve and the three pips/studs that are riveted to each side of the collar.
    The buttons show the Regia Marina logo, with the House of Savoy crest but with a wreath around them.

Hope you all enjoy and any information would be greatly appreciated,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Naval Style Tunic   Italian Naval Style Tunic  

Italian Naval Style Tunic   Italian Naval Style Tunic  

Italian Naval Style Tunic   Italian Naval Style Tunic  

A bit of a better picture of the inside and a picture of how the lining is held in.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Naval Style Tunic   Italian Naval Style Tunic  

Morning Matt,
    considering the absence of collar stars and the irregular ranks, it makes me think of an old uniform from some private military school or college.

Regards
    Roberto

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for your reply,
    I did wonder that as I couldn't find any other Italian uniform without the collar stars.
    It's just unfortunate there's nothing to fully identify it.

?

As Roberto says, it does, indeed, have the look of a military academy garment.
    It is certainly very striking with the red lining and pocket detail... it’s a pity all that gorgeousness is on the inside!