Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian soldier's dog tag

Article about: Amongst my late Father's WW2 relics, I found a dog tag with an Italian name on it and my ultimate aim is to return it to the soldier's family. My Father was stationed in north Africa and it

Default Italian soldier's dog tag

Amongst my late Father's WW2 relics, I found a dog tag with an Italian name on it and my ultimate aim is to return it to the soldier's family. My Father was stationed in north Africa and it is thought that the tag came from an Italian PoW being held by the British. I'd be grateful for any information the community can give me.
    I've attempted to attach photos of the tag.

20200726_164657.jpg (238.8 KB)
    20200726_164627.jpg (243.2 KB)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian soldier's dog tag   Italian soldier's dog tag  

If it can help, I can tell you that it is an exclusive dog tag pattern for Regia Marina, on which it is indicated: the name, the date of birth (1922), the specialty (sailor), the service number and the religion of belonging (C = Catholic).
    I can also say that this person does not appear in the database of dead and missing persons, therefore I believe he returned home at the end of the war, I was unable to find further information.

Regards
    Roberto

Here is a website that gives a couple tips on trying to find a Italian Navy veteran.

Italian Royal Navy in World War Two: how to find info on a veteran

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    If it can help, I can tell you that it is an exclusive dog tag pattern for Regia Marina, on which it is indicated: the name, the date of birth (1922), the specialty (sailor), the service number and the religion of belonging (C = Catholic).
    I can also say that this person does not appear in the database of dead and missing persons, therefore I believe he returned home at the end of the war, I was unable to find further information.

Regards
    Roberto
    Thank you very much for your help.

Thank you very much for your help, I'll explore that website.