Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M33 info / thoughts

Article about: Could I have opinions on this M33 please.

Default M33 info / thoughts

Could I have opinions on this M33 please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M33 info / thoughts   M33 info / thoughts  

AFIAK the bales and chinstrap are correct WW2, same goes with the stitching and eyelet holes for the liner tie. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the paint and stencil.

Hello, your helmet is a beautiful example of the paint they had in pre-war. It has the same lot numbering as those that came to Spain during the civil war, and the type of ventilation is from the first model. The paint is semi-gloss Grigio verde, which corresponds to the first models. I have one very similar, but without the emblem, which belonged to the CTV that Italy commanded during the civil war. The parallel stitching of the liner is another proof of this. I can't tell you anything about the stencil. I'm not an expert on them. More photographs would be interesting. All the best.

Helmet is a nice prewar style one, colour, airvents, leather.
    Normally it would take more better photos to even have an idea, but in this case, unfortunately, badge does not look good.
    Just see that here they painted the badge over a lack of paint where there is bare metal,plus more things wrong, but this is enough.

M33 info / thoughts