Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M34 Bustina Cap Question

Article about: Got this M34 Bustina cap and had a question about the infantry insignia. I know that this is the two piece visor variant of the M34. But, the infantry insignia has no Regiment number., and n

Default M34 Bustina Cap Question

Got this M34 Bustina cap and had a question about the infantry insignia. I know that this is the two piece visor variant of the M34. But, the infantry insignia has no Regiment number., and no sign that any number was present. I know this cap belonged to a Captain in the 53rd Infantry Regiment from the Umbria region. Just wanted some info on if the Infantry insignia without Regimental number signifies anything else, or if this was common. Thanks

M34 Bustina Cap Question

Hi swatmaster68,
    your variant of the Mod.34 field cap, with two-piece visor, is called Mod.35.
    The badge should actually bear the regimental number in gold metal in the center, except in some cases:
    - Officers who do not belong to specific units (defined "Fuori Corpo"), but in force in: military schools, offices of the General Staff or other, in that case the badge had a golden metal cross in the circle.
    -Special units made up of battalions and available at Army Corps level, for example "Guastatori di Fanteria" (Infantry Sappers), which had the battalion number in red color.
    It is possible that the numbers have been removed or lost, try to check if there is any trace of their presence on the black fabric.

Regards
    Roberto