Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or fake Italian SS uniform? (North Africa Tropical)

Article about: Hi there, I must be forward and say that I have zero experience about this area of collecting, so I wanted to look for those who did, in your opinion, is this a genuine piece or a fake? Than

Default Real or fake Italian SS uniform? (North Africa Tropical)

Hi there, I must be forward and say that I have zero experience about this area of collecting, so I wanted to look for those who did, in your opinion, is this a genuine piece or a fake?

Thanks so much, your opinions are definitely appreciated! Real or fake Italian SS uniform? (North Africa Tropical)Real or fake Italian SS uniform? (North Africa Tropical)Real or fake Italian SS uniform? (North Africa Tropical)Real or fake Italian SS uniform? (North Africa Tropical)Real or fake Italian SS uniform? (North Africa Tropical)Real or fake Italian SS uniform? (North Africa Tropical)

well the trews are dated 1941 for a start so they are out,what marking are in the jacket ?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    well the trews are dated 1941 for a start so they are out,what marking are in the jacket ?
    I'm ignorant about this type of uniform but curious to know a) why it being dated 1941 is a problem and b) what it has to do with the SS? It seems to me to be an Italian army tropical tunic and cap with German army tropical trousers.

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    I'm ignorant about this type of uniform but curious to know a) why it being dated 1941 is a problem and b) what it has to do with the SS? It seems to me to be an Italian army tropical tunic and cap with German army tropical trousers.
    Without commenting on the authenticity of this specific item, Italians in the SS wore a mixture of Italian and German kit (mostly Italian judging by the photos). The jacket has the red patches and arm eagle specifically designed for the SS Italian unit, although I can't say if they are original or not.

Regards, Philip

the Italien SS only came into being after Musso got kick out 1943.

Thanks for your replies!

I'm not sure if this info can help or not, but the pants where singled out and where called German issue

As far as markings in the jacket, none where mentioned, that was all the info mentioned, not a whole lot of info in the write up

?

This is a very good website for Italian SS insignia: https://gothicline.wordpress.com/gallery/

You will see that there is a 'BEVO' type machine-embroidered arm eagle included in the section on fakes which looks the same as the one on the tunic above. I don't know if an eagle of this BEVO type was produced during the war, certainly the owner of the website does not display such an eagle in his fine collection.

Philip

Thank you Philip for your research and sharing that with us

Looks like the insignia is a reproduction or at least a very high chance of it being post war

Does the uniform itself, minus the insignia seem good?

from the style of the jacket its the same as the German SS tropical ones.

Minus the insignia, would anyone here say that the uniform itself is worth getting?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast