Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two italian helmets

Article about: Posting these for review. I had found these locally. Never seen this color paint before. Post war ? Decals i am unsure of. I am new to italian helmets but looks like i am getting into them n

Here's a lid that was in the grouping. Appears to have early liner with orange colored felt , two prong rivets, size 61 liner and Italian strap etc. I can see the original sage green paint covered by a darkish grey paint. Then the final coat of dark gloss green which im sure is post war.
    These can be alot to learn about. And have had along life. I have 7 of them to research
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two italian helmets   Two italian helmets  

Two italian helmets   Two italian helmets  

Two italian helmets   Two italian helmets  

Two italian helmets  

It is a good example, but I always think of Spanish origin; the last repainting may also be from the postwar period but not done in Italy.
    This model of M33, largely supplied to the Spanish Army at the time of the Civil War, was no longer in use in the postwar period in the Italian Army, due to the 1th type rivet which had given serious resistance problems.

Regards
    Roberto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2