Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original?

Article about: Hi there, I would like to hear your opinions on this helmet! What the sharp-eyed experts think. Is the stencil original? It was bought in Italy a few years ago. Any information is appreciate

Default Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original?

Hi there,

I would like to hear your opinions on this helmet! What the sharp-eyed experts think. Is the stencil original? It was bought in Italy a few years ago.
    Any information is appreciated!

Kind regards, Estonian.

Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original? Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original? Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original? Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original? Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original? Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original? Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original? Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original? Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original? Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original? Is this WW2 Italian M33 helmet 100% Original?

?

I really like the helmet but I do not know how I feel about that stencil.

Morning to all,
    technically each component is the correct one, but as a purely personal opinion, I have some doubts about the originality of the flash and the chin strap, with particular reference to the level of aging compared to the rest of the helmet.
    Furthermore, the gray-green color of the chin strap is much more reminiscent of the one used in the post-war period by some military corps and the Navy, i.e. very tending towards gray compared to the war version, it could have been added later and there would be nothing wrong with it.
    If instead it were really all original, it would be a remarkable rarity, considering that:
    -It is difficult to find helmets flashed with the pre-war light green color, which escaped the dark green repainting that took place in the mid-1940s, also considering that the stamp on the aluminum foil that holds the chinstrap hook shows the year of production "42 "; by that time helmets had long since been painted in a much darker coloration.
    -It is equally difficult to find helmets that belonged to this artillery regiment which was almost completely destroyed on the Russian front.
    But I want to reiterate that these are pure personal considerations and it is still an interesting helmet.

Regards

In my opinion genuine reiussued (by arsenal pw) m33, with fake stencil and fake rust, and replaced genuine leather.

The fake rust theory is interesting. I have seen Bulgarian helmets being sold as Italian helmets. They have been scratched with a steel brush and left to rust, or a rust imitation has been painted on. My own helmet does not have such manipulations. Interesting that someone had to spend so much time to earn 80€. All opinions are certainly appreciated, including the critical ones.

If you want to be told it's a good one we can tell you.
    You asked for an opinion, far from me wanting to be a know-it-all, but I've been collecting Italian objects for 20 years, helmets are one of my main themes, I've had dozens and dozens of them in my hands.
    The screen and the photos maybe offset, but the color of the rust seems artificial.
    The whole helmet then seems to have had a treatment with fine sandpaper,including the chin strap externally, the leather of the interior is of a very early type for this helmet, even if it does not mean anything, it can be seen that the shape is not regular, therefore it appears reassembled, show us the internal pins so we can see.
    You'd be amazed at how many fakes there are among Italian helmets, if you paid 80 euros for it you limited the damage, so much the better for you.