Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New SA Buckle

Article about: Hello, here my new find SA buckle from this week... Opinion welcome! Regards, The kabl

In my opinion this is an extremely interesting SA buckle, however I do not think that it has any association whatsoever with L u. F. There is admittedly a passing resemblance by the design of the eagle and swastika, however the differences are clear when a side by side comparison is made.

For the buckle that started this thread, the swastika does indeed have an additional raised area which follows the whole of the profile, however the inner area is lightly and half heartedly pebbled , unlike the clearly and strongly marked similar area found on examples by L u. F. The design of the eagles are in my opinion quite different, as are the oak leaf swags to the lower section of the roundels.

For the reverse of the buckles, the ears are quite different, as are the styles of the punched out catches, to name just two features.

In my opinion and simply by coincidence, homage or marketing ploy, a slight resemblance to the extremely distinct L u. F SA buckle, as no more and no less.

A quite rare SA buckle in my opinion, that is if anyone has an interest in seeking out and collecting “variations” and a chrome on brass version of this buckle is known.

Regards and best wishes,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SA Buckle
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2