Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on belt and buckle

Article about: Hello All Just ran across a belt and buckle, Looked legit to me but thought I would run it by people with more experience belt is 35 1/2" long with seven sets of adjustment holes and a

Default Opinions on belt and buckle

Hello All Just ran across a belt and buckle, Looked legit to me but thought I would run it by people with more experience belt is 35 1/2" long with seven sets of adjustment holes and a chromed clasp and is marked with number 372 any info or comments appreciated.

Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on belt and buckle   Opinions on belt and buckle  

Opinions on belt and buckle   Opinions on belt and buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on belt and buckle
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a worn but original SA set. The belt marking is common for political belts. The roundel of the buckle is quite rough but looks OK. Others may have a different opinion. All the Best.

After studying the photos close up I began to notive evidence of what appears to be hand enhancing?? especialley in the oakleaves in the wreath and in areas of the eagle. Am I mistaken? or were the dies that detailed? If it is hand enhancing, was that a common feature on all these type of buckles?

Regards, G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on belt and buckle  

After going through the various threads on the various versions of SA buckles I must say I had no idea there were so many variations!!! The one I recently picked up is unmarked and although I went through the many variations in the threads I was unable to Identify the maker.I was using the bow at the bottom of the outer oak leaves and the Legs style of the Adler but still could not determine a maker any help would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on belt and buckle   Opinions on belt and buckle  

David North or Marcus might be able to tell you the maker, they are both avid collectors of SA buckles, one thing I did see is the prongs look like later war Assmann made

- - ------- - -

Love the belt BTW
    Ben

?

If you can’t find a identical buckle in the Marked SA buckle sticky thread it will be hard to figure out the manufacturer. I would estimate only 10-15% of SA buckles are marked.