Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SA 35mm variant with 4 tabs

Article about: Hello guys. I was looking on the Russian forum Blockhaus and found this very interesting little buckle. I have never seen one before and I do not think so many other have seen it either,...

Default SA 35mm variant with 4 tabs

Hello guys. I was looking on the Russian forum Blockhaus and found this very interesting little buckle.
    I have never seen one before and I do not think so many other have seen it either,...

I like it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA 35mm variant with 4 tabs
    P
    Many

?

Brass box, straight ears, what type of metal roundel is attached ? Looks to have been cut ? I am curious to see if David North will weigh in and what he will be able to add..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA 35mm variant with 4 tabs  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Interesting buckle. I believe all 35mm have straight ears, but can't say I seen a small buckle with the roundel attached like this example.

Also I have never seen one before, nice eagle.
    The straight ears are usual in the 35mm buckles

?

First time I have ever seen a 4 Tab 35mm SA . I bought David North's 4 tab 45 mm silver SA/NSKK. ������

An extremely interesting buckle and never before have I seen one of these diminutives where the roundel is attached by 4 fold over tabs. There is of course a well documented SA style of buckle which has the roundel attached in such a way and for this, I know of only one distinct style of eagle and swastika. Completely different though from the roundel design of the buckle which started this thread.

I wonder if we are correct by sometimes referring to this buckle as NSDAP-Jugend?

This is not really my subject, however I think that NSDAP youth groups had origins from 1922, although operated covertly following the failed Putsch of November 1923, emerging in the Spring of 1924

I think that it was in mid 1926 that the organisation was renamed Hitler Jugend Bund der Deutschen Arbeiterjugend and was integral to the SA, as it would be until mid 1932.

The SA and of course other NSDAP organisations were substantially reorganised during 1925 to 1926 and here I suppose, the first SA buckles appeared. This is a contentious subject. There is of course a very well known sales catalogue dated 1926 which features among others, an SA buckle.

Perhaps it would be safe to say that the 35mm size buckle mimicked the 45mm size buckle and not vice versa.

If the SA buckle was first worn in 1926, then it is worth remembering that this is the year when the Hitler Jugend Bund der Deutschen Arbeiterjugend was named.

Is the 35 mm size and SA style of buckle, simply one of many early HJ buckles? From memory, the compilation Assmann catalogue which is actually pinned on the Forum, refers to this buckle as HJ.

Even in 1933, the published regulation buckle for the HJ was that of the SA, albeit without a reference to the size, with the familiar HJ and DJ buckle appearing in 1934 by again published regulations, although having been mooted in the previous year.

My own thoughts are that these 35 mm size SA influenced buckles are simply one of many HJ buckle styles worn by some, during 1926 to 1933. The “other styles” are I think a separate subject in their own right.

The HJ buckle that started this thread is again extremely interesting and one that I personally like, although surely appeals to those who collect both SA and HJ buckles.

Hopefully someone with a better knowledge of the HJ will chip in here.

Regards and best wishes,

David