Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Buckle

Article about: Good evening friends, After being very busy with work, now some time for the hobby again. I hope the last months have been good to you all. I found this SA buckle on a seller’s website and

?

Default SA Buckle

Good evening friends,

After being very busy with work, now some time for the hobby again.

I hope the last months have been good to you all.

I found this SA buckle on a seller’s website and it quite intrigues me without knowing why.

There is, from my side, no reason to doubt its authenticity or the seller or whatsoever.

Does anyone have an idea about its maker ? I compared the buckle to other examples on the forum but couldn’t really make a conclusion.
    My absolute favourite SA buckles are stamped brass, more than the ones with separate roundels, but I like this one's ‘skinny’ Swastika and its uneven appearing legs, which give it, in my opinion, a somewhat early or imperfect look.

Kind regards,

Joost
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckle   SA Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Hello Joost - nice SA buckle. I searched several threads on the forum. The eagle on your buckle has some interesting features, in particular, the thick round legs. I think I found the maker. Will be good to see if others agree. Looks at post #12 in this thread, the "JD von Hagen - Iserlohn" example provided by Marcus. He is an big SA collector so hope he reviews your post.

SA buckle - STABIL DRGM

Cheers -
    Jeff

?

Hi Jeff, thank you for taking the time to look it up and nice hearing from you!

I think you must be right on the JDvH. Even the asymmetric Swastika looks the same.

?

Quote by Seafox View Post
    Hi Jeff, thank you for taking the time to look it up and nice hearing from you!

I think you must be right on the JDvH. Even the asymmetric Swastika looks the same.
    The wreath around the swastika and other features seem to match as well. Not a common SA buckle in my opinion. Good to see you posting a new buckle, and you got a nice one.

?

Thanks Jeff. I just decided to add it to the collection and bought it. I’ll post some pictures when it has arrived.

?

Nice SA buckle brother! Here is Mine which is very similar with the fat feathered legs.

SA Buckle

SA Buckle

SA Buckle
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Nice SA buckle brother! Here is Mine which is very similar with the fat feathered legs. Inner wing feather pattern is a little different on mine but close.

SA Buckle

SA Buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Buckle  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Nice SA buckle brother! Here is Mine which is very similar with the fat feathered legs. Inner wing feather pattern is a little different on mine but close.

SA Buckle

SA Buckle
    Nice buckle as well. The ears are a bit different and flatter. All very interesting

Quote by Seafox View Post
    ...I think you must be right on the JDvH. Even the asymmetric Swastika looks the same...
    An interesting SA buckle which has started this thread and one which is perhaps (as said) distinct by the design, to include what I have always thought was a slightly eccentric mobile swastika.

Having said that however, my apologies if I now appear now to be the “Spectre at the Feast.

In my opinion, for any buckle to have any form of printed cardboard label loosely attached by a knotted thread to the pin shroud, provides no indication whatsoever that there is a correlation between the two said items.

J D von Hagen are an old established company who are still in existence today and who were never prolific buckle manufacturers. As with some of their other products though, early buckles manufactured by this firm are found marked as either Jdeha or JDEHA.

A perfectly good SA buckle which is being shown here, however and in my opinion and like so many other SA buckles, there is no indication whatsoever as to who the manufacturer was.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Nice SA buckle brother!
    Thanks Rossi! And thank you for sharing yours. Really a nice one you have there. Is it just me or is also the Swastika a little different ?

Yours’ Swastika seems of a better design, or better stamped. Mine looks to be a little amateurish, if that is the right word.

The pics from the seller are not very clear so I will see in a couple of days and share it here too.

Kind regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast