Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on sunwheel and nickel

Article about: Hi guys come across these up for auction and would appreciate your thoughts on the sunwheel brass and the nickel buckle. The other 2 look ok to me. Please correct me if im wrong. Do not like

?

Default Thoughts on sunwheel and nickel

Hi guys come across these up for auction and would appreciate your thoughts on the sunwheel brass and the nickel buckle. The other 2 look ok to me. Please correct me if im wrong. Do not like the sunwheel buckle just looks wrong big beak. As always thanks for your time. Thoughts on sunwheel and nickelThoughts on sunwheel and nickelThoughts on sunwheel and nickelThoughts on sunwheel and nickelThoughts on sunwheel and nickel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on sunwheel and nickel
    P
    Many

I personally have no issues whatsoever with any of the 4 buckles shown.

The SA buckle with the "upright" swastika, together with the diminutive NSDAP-Jugend buckle, are both well documented and have appeared within the Forum on many occasions.

As for the SA buckle with the "sun wheel" swastika, although a slightly alarming eagle head design by the elongated beak, I see no issues. Attached are images of a similar buckle and unfortunately, the obverse detail is somewhat worn and distorted. The extended beak is clearly visible though, as is the common striation to the upper ear of the brass box, together with the overall pin and claw configuration.

What I found most interesting though is the SA buckle with the "mobile" swastika. I think that this is a roundel design and by exact detail, which is seldom seen. Over the years I have only seen a few and attached are images of 2 such buckles. The slight indentation to the under section of the wreath and between the eagles claws, is a distinguishing and "fingerprint" aspect. A common feature however is the eccentricity of the boxes employed to support the roundel. For the one shown, the solder points are odd to say the least, however and again with this roundel, nothing would really surprise me. Although one of the buckles that I have shown displays the first series RZM manufacturers code for Noelle u. Hueck, I think it would be inaccurate to appropriate this roundel to the said company.

In my opinion, a good trio of SA buckles.

Regards and best wishes,

David

I am with David, for me 4 nice buckles

- - ------- - -

BTW David, as normal you have posted great examples
    Ben

?

I also like all 4. Love to have the reduced size silver one. I have 6-7 brass ones but only one silver. Great eagle on that one.

?

Thanks very much David for sharing pictures and your knowledge. Learn so.much from your answers. And also thanks Kirby you to have learnt from your comments reading through the forum. I looked through the forum and just couldn't find one with the beak but also the poor detail to the leaves that was my main concerns. Thanks again guys much appreciated

Hello,

a couple of nice buckles

I found they also in my collection........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Default Package Arrived

Hi guys. Package arrived 2 days after I sailed typical! Had the missus drop it down with supplies so had a present to look at this trip. Excuse the picture quality in my cabin using phone. And I have no idea why pictures do not load right way up! Thoughts on sunwheel and nickelThoughts on sunwheel and nickelThoughts on sunwheel and nickelThoughts on sunwheel and nickelThoughts on sunwheel and nickelThoughts on sunwheel and nickel

Very nice buckles, specially the seldom seen 35mm nickel over brass buckle

You bought well, nice buckles
    Ben