Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Sunwheel Brass SA Buckle

Article about: Hi folks, I found a nice SA buckle for a reasonable price, so I picked it up as the first SA buckle of my collection. It appears to be an unmarked solid brass example, as opposed to 2-piece

Default Unmarked Sunwheel Brass SA Buckle

Hi folks, I found a nice SA buckle for a reasonable price, so I picked it up as the first SA buckle of my collection.

It appears to be an unmarked solid brass example, as opposed to 2-piece with the affixed/soldered roundel, of an SA buckle with the "sunwheel" type swastika. I know nothing else about it other than I was able to compare it to some similar examples, so if anyone has any information on it, I love to hear. If not, I still thought it was a great looking buckle. Thanks for having a look!

-DF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Sunwheel Brass SA Buckle
    P
    Many

No info for you but it looks good. Nice pick up.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    No info for you but it looks good. Nice pick up.
    John
    Thanks, John! The maker may always remain a mystery, but this one ticked all the right boxes in terms of detail, prong style and overall age/wear, so I think it's winner.

?

Nice looking SA in excellent condition. Check out the sticky thread on marked SA buckles and you might be able to determine the maker. There is hundred of different makers, eagles variation, swastikas and other things. I have pictures of all my SA buckles on my phone to make sure I don’t buy a duplicate.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Nice looking SA in excellent condition. Check out the sticky thread on marked SA buckles and you might be able to determine the maker. There is hundred of different makers, eagles variation, swastikas and other things. I have pictures of all my SA buckles on my phone to make sure I don’t buy a duplicate.
    Thanks, Kirby! I've been doing exactly that. I haven't found the match yet, but there's plenty more searching to do. Thanks for having a look and taking the time to comment!