Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Aluminium 36/40 Original v Fake

Article about: Gents, I have a bit of time so will start trying to do the original v fakes for the aluminium SS buckles. Lets start off with the 36/40. The metal on the fake is too dark (modern ones are ge

Default Aluminium 36/40 Original v Fake

Gents, I have a bit of time so will start trying to do the original v fakes for the aluminium SS buckles. Lets start off with the 36/40. The metal on the fake is too dark (modern ones are getting better) Its been hard for the fakers to reproduce the white aluminium of the period buckles. As the fakes are cast there are cast flaws, these are a big giveaway. Also remnants of the original silver wash as found on originals which the fakes do not have. There are other ones which I do not wish to give away. Compare the orginals to the fakes and try and digest the slight differences
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aluminium 36/40 Original v Fake   Aluminium 36/40 Original v Fake  

Aluminium 36/40 Original v Fake   Aluminium 36/40 Original v Fake  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aluminium 36/40 Original v Fake
    P
    Many

?

This is an area of collecting with a steep learning curve that requires a collectors undivided attention. Thanks for posting these in detail. I hope to see more examples.
    Al.

Al, I could do lots more but I need the fakes to take good pics to compare to the originals
    Ben

?

Default 36-40

Hi
    I came across your post about buckles 36-40 and I would like your opinion on the picture in the attachment, thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aluminium 36/40 Original v Fake   Aluminium 36/40 Original v Fake