Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ALUMINUM BUCKLES SS Original or copy?

Article about: Good day, i welcome you after long time, friday i get this review. Only for security, please everything is everything about? Thank you for shooting

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ALUMINUM BUCKLES SS Original or copy?
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

..... Thanks' This is something that I have looked through before, but need to revisit. Invaluable thread

?

THANK YOU THANKS FOR VIEWS, BUT I NEED CLEAR RESPONSE. COPY OR ORIGINAL ??? Of course, I examined the thread, but I would like to hear more experienced ones

Quote by Huddy View Post
    THANK YOU THANKS FOR VIEWS, BUT I NEED CLEAR RESPONSE. COPY OR ORIGINAL ??? Of course, I examined the thread, but I would like to hear more experienced ones
    Read #7
    Ben

Quote by Huddy View Post
    Yes, it is original but in such condition it has close to no value. This Type of Sieper SS buckles made in 1938 are the most common to find. They are almost everywhere. Only their condition could make those attractive. You would be wise to pass on that one...

Quote by RMD View Post
    ..... Thanks' This is something that I have looked through before, but need to revisit. Invaluable thread
    You should really compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. It is not helping collectors to lead them comparing SS buckles from different makers, or even different years of manufacture by the same maker, or even between SS buckles made from the same maker within the same year of manufacture but having a different Type! Doing this only brings multiple mistakes and pure non sense! Just during the year of 1938, Richard Sieper (maker under SS contract 822) produced3 different Types of SS buckles. Each Type was made with a different die. Each Type had different features. Each Type had even different sizes (one been larger than the two others). And there was EVEN a variant within the one of those 3 Types!!!
    So let's compare what can be compared. What's happening here is the exact same as comparing a Fiat 500 will a Chevrolet Corvette!

?

In no way is it a price! It is mainly about the original used piece! And I want to be sure! This buckle is a larger variant of 822/38

RMD
    ?

Quote by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
    You should really compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. It is not helping collectors to lead them comparing SS buckles from different makers, or even different years of manufacture by the same maker, or even between SS buckles made from the same maker within the same year of manufacture but having a different Type! Doing this only brings multiple mistakes and pure non sense! Just during the year of 1938, Richard Sieper (maker under SS contract 822) produced3 different Types of SS buckles. Each Type was made with a different die. Each Type had different features. Each Type had even different sizes (one been larger than the two others). And there was EVEN a variant within the one of those 3 Types!!!
    So let's compare what can be compared. What's happening here is the exact same as comparing a Fiat 500 will a Chevrolet Corvette!
    .. Well, I think it's a matter of opinion. Myself, If I have a wool armband, then I like to see that type, plus every other type, to compare to. I don't think it's as extreme as you make it to be. After all, a Fiat 500 and a Chevrolet are both cars. But, If the original poster does not appreciate my post, that's fine. I welcome all responses on my threads.

.. I see your point though, and thank you for all of the information you provided. In the future, perhaps I should narrow what I post. I usually do, as displayed in my other posts. You took the time to explain where my posts can be confusing, and I appreciate this. Some others here can have such a high and mighty attitude that they just bark insult rather than offer any education.

"Yes, it is original but in such condition it has close to no value."

I would comment that any original SS item has value to someone or some segment of the collecting hobby. "Close to no value" perhaps for advanced buckle collectors, but I suspect the situation is similar to relic German helmets. Surprisingly there is a market and a value (though reduced) for all relics, amongst that subset of the militaria community that collects relics. Not my cup of tea, but a legitimate branch of the hobby.

Quote by Huddy View Post
    This buckle is a larger variant of 822/38
    If this is what you found out, I am afraid you compared your, which is original, to fakes. Measuring the three mint original 822/38 variants/Types with a caliper should give 64.63 mm long / 48.31 wide for your variant/Type compared to 64.81 mm long / 48.10 mm wide and 64.73 mm long / 48.33 mm wide for the two others. Honestly nothing you could detect by eyes only among the three original variants/Types but still your is the smallest of the three.
    You should be much more concerned by the ones you compared to...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast