Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.

Article about: Hey everyone! Long time lurker here, but actually decided to make an account and support the forum. I'm in the U.S., and we have many auctions on a regular basis, of which about 99.9% of SS

Quote by hashash View Post
    Understood. I did, however create separate replies and didn't just group them all in to one confusing post, and labelled them #s 1-3. I just don't see how it's that terribly confusing.
    Thank you for supporting the forum. You will receive the most on your investment in the knowledge of the forum members by posting them in individual threads. There will be unique characteristics with each buckle. I am not qualified to comment on the buckles but would like you to receive the full value of supporting the forum. It will be worth your time and effort in the end.
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.
    P
    Many

I agree, I also see 3 cast fakes here.

I did, however create separate replies and didn't just group them all in to one confusing post, and labelled them #s 1-3. I just don't see how it's that terribly confusing.
    I'm sorry but you didn't. All three are part of the same thread and the reasons for not doing this have been well explained. Replies are what you are asking for not what you "create" yourself.

The membership here is diverse, from many nations and for many English is not their first language which is another reason for making things as straight forward as possible.

I don't mean to be difficult or awkward but perhaps "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" is a good maxim to follow. I find the best default response in such circumstances is something like "Sorry, I didn't realise" etc rather than "I just don't see how"

I too was waiting for separate threads but for what it is worth, I agree that all three are duff
    You said they were cheap enough to make the loss less than disastrous but that was the first "Red flag" Just about everyone alive today has an idea that there is money to be made from SS items and even a seller with very little knowledge will assume that he has something worth more than platinum and set his prices accordingly.
    Unless of course, he knows full well that it isn't!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I know you said you didn't pay much, but you should have posted before you spent your money.

Thanks David. I've definitely had better receptions on forums elsewhere, but have also had worse. I have since made separate threads. Seems as if they're fake, so thanks for the opinions. The reason they COULD have been legit in my opinion is because it was a super obscure auction with very few people bidding, so I was able to get these for very cheap. I appreciate everyone's input, but have a feeling my stay here will not be for much longer due to the "warm" welcome..

Just to wrap this up, a moderator can go ahead and close this thread. I appreciate the feedback, and will probably just be selling these to reenactors for the ~$30 I paid for each of them. I will also be politely seeing my way out, as the replies I received, and the deletion of posts really send up a lot of red flags for being a very non-enjoyable forum environment. Thank you for the feedback again, sorry to have disturbed the "way of doing things" on here, and I wish you all well in life.

Since you stated in your opening that you were a "long time lurker" here you should have then known how we like to have topics discussed and how we respectfully ask for multiple items to be placed in separate threads for ease of identification and for clarity as multiple items of the same object in one topic gets confusing and as Mark has so eloquently stated, many here do not speak English and thus they may be confused at the thread as well..

Smitty

Just to wrap this up, a moderator can go ahead and close this thread. I appreciate the feedback, and will probably just be selling these to reenactors for the ~$30 I paid for each of them. I will also be politely seeing my way out, as the replies I received, and the deletion of posts really send up a lot of red flags for being a very non-enjoyable forum environment. Thank you for the feedback again, sorry to have disturbed the "way of doing things" on here, and I wish you all well in life.
    Don't be too hastey in leaving, you have paid to join the gold club why not stick around? Nobody was really having a go at you and people were only saying what the mods would have said. Stick around and enjoy.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Don't be too hastey in leaving, you have paid to join the gold club why not stick around? Nobody was really having a go at you and people were only saying what the mods would have said. Stick around and enjoy.
    2nd

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2