Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Genuine or fake? Identify help please.

Article about: Recently purchased this WW2 German belt. Appears to be the SS Waffen version (one of the rarer ones I think) but the belt itself I suspect is for a different buckle? Bought of a relative of

Default Genuine or fake? Identify help please.

Recently purchased this WW2 German belt. Appears to be the SS Waffen version (one of the rarer ones I think) but the belt itself I suspect is for a different buckle? Bought of a relative of a veteran. Would also like to doubt check if it's real although I highly doubt it's a fake due to the fact it comes directly from the owners family.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Genuine or fake? Identify help please.   Genuine or fake? Identify help please.  

Genuine or fake? Identify help please.   Genuine or fake? Identify help please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine or fake? Identify help please.
    P
    Many

Sorry to say but the buckle is a really bad fake
    Ben

See post #15 same type of fake, they made lots of fakes like this, Luftwaffe, Heer, HJ Fake SS Enlisted Men Database
    Ben

BTW mate always buy the item not the story, if ever in doubt please post here first before you buy
    Ben

Certainly an apt name. 'Not very rich' is exactly what you'll be if you buy the story rather than the item! There are all kinds of conmen, fakers and scoundrels out there waiting to part the unwary from their hard-earned cash.

From one collector to another: SS stuff of all kinds is an absolute minefield, more so than other facets of the militaria world. When you're dealing with SS-level prices, you want to be as tooled up in the knowledge department as you can be. There is a wealth of information on this very forum, with photographic archives of real and fake buckles to peruse. Do just that, until your eyeballs fall out. Memorise every detail you can, and return to those images as a reference when you find something you think you'd like to buy.

If all else fails - and you should really do this regardless - post any prospective item on the forum before purchasing it. There are many well-learned experts here, like Mr Evans above, who will be able to steer you straight.

Good luck in your future collecting endeavors!

Regards, B.B.

?

Wow !! Just WOW.. All ways astounds me that some collectors start at the top, get knocked down all for nothing.. As stated above but ESPECIALLY any S.S. items, Start on level ground and work your way into the realm of S.S., it can be a minefield for the non familiar and costly...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I'm actually quite glad right now because I did post here before I bought! I was concerned but thought I should say I had bought it for a better answer/so that the story could help with identification, as it did seem quite genuine as the seller had other stuff from that period and their supposed grandfathers death card and medals etc i spotted the strange difference between the buckle and the belt and got concerned but the story and other stuff they were selling definitely had me fooled. Glad I posted first.

I did actually check out the list of fakes but the buckle itself seemed to be genuine from what I saw but I couldn't shake the feeling with the different belt, could you point out some of the stuff that show it's fake so I can know in the future? The rope goes the full way around on the left side like in other buckles and the eagle looks pretty normal but I couldn't really spot the difference between the fake and genuine chests other than some sharpness

All is bad in this buckle