Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help! Is this a fake?

Article about: Hello! I just recently started collecting Nazi Germany relics because I love history. I'm very keen on buying authentic material and I joined this site to get started on identifying since yo

Default Help! Is this a fake?

Hello! I just recently started collecting Nazi Germany relics because I love history. I'm very keen on buying authentic material and I joined this site to get started on identifying since you guys are experts . So could anyone tell me if this belt buckle here is a sham or the real deal? Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help! Is this a fake?   Help! Is this a fake?  

Help! Is this a fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! Is this a fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help! Is this a fake?

I have determined it is a fake by using your little fake system. Sorry I should've not even of posted this. Don't worry I didn't even buy it haha.

I have another one for you guys to look at. Since I'm a beginner I consulted your topics on fakes. This is a SA Brass belt to my knowledge so far and original belt. I compared it to all of the SA brass buckles pictures that everyone has contributed and I found one almost like it. My confusion is that the wreath of leaves are not lobbed like an oak leaf. The wreath almost just looks like a bunch of tied ribbons. Does a variant have leaves that are not lobbed?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help! Is this a fake?   Help! Is this a fake?  

Help! Is this a fake?   Help! Is this a fake?  

As you so rightly confirm, the SS buckle is wrong (being a pure fantasy item rather than a fake proper). Great that you took the time to scour the rogues gallery and find the answer that you were looking for.

Absolutely no worries about the SA buckle and actually, I do not think that this exact design appears on the data base. A super SA with a good clean design of eagle and swastika. This is an original SA buckle that I would recommend that you buy, assuming that the price is correct.

The strap is not original to the buckle and it is definitely not an SA/Political type.

Regards,

David

David nailed it: good buckle....good belt...but they don't go together (belt looks like a late war army version with RBnr on it.

Rob

Well as long as the belt buckle is from that era I'm happy. Thanks guys. I'm definetly going to seize the belt for my collection!