Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

original or fake 822/38

Article about: Hallo. please help original or fake? I think it's OK thanks [img][img] [img][img] [img][img] [img][img]

Dear Ben,

It is unusually rare that I find myself disagreeing with your opinion, however and with all due respect, perhaps a tad so in this instance.

Those who fake belt buckles have always been with us and it is a simple fact of life that nothing will change. This does not bother me in the least and as such, I have no intention to try and as you say, beat them. What is there to beat I ask myself?

Whilst there are currently in circulation the so called super fakes, they appear for the moment at least to be restricted to certain Leaders and/or Officers buckles. I stand to be corrected, however I am unaware of any white alloy box buckle which attracts the sobriquet of a super fake. As such and without wishing to appear dismissively haughty or conceited, all and without exception provide features, characteristics and traits which are not found on the originals. The fakers churn them out, we quickly and easily recognise them for what they are and life continues.

For the SS buckle in question, I was until you stated that you look for one small “red flag” detail, unaware that it was actually faked. With that in mind, I thought that it may have been interesting to have a quick squint of an image of the fake in order to see how far the modern makers had progressed in their casting techniques and their alloy colouring.

Regards and best wishes,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original or fake 822/38
    P
    Many

?

Unfortunately, I didn't get more photos. the seller stopped communicating. I feel that someone paid more than I offered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2