Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The real deal ? RMZ 155/40 SS

Article about: Greetings from the North of England. How is everyone ? I was wondering if the 'pro's' could come to the rescue. I have recently acquired a German belt & buckle and I was wondering if som

The belt was supposedly taken from an SS Officer, By Alfred Hudson (British solider) during WW2. I've asked the grandson if he knew his regiment but sadly yet to hear back. So it may be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I did find one result that may or may not be our man. The internet search gave me a word document that included the following: (It looks like someone else is also searching for info on Alfred Hudson)

'From: J ROBERTSON
    Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:27 PM
    To: lamsdorf@live.com
    Subject: New Entry

I would like to add a new entry into the list of POWs.

The name of the soldier is Alfred Hudson, he was part of the Royal Scots Regiment. He was held in Lamsdorf from 1940-1945 and his prisoner number was 452.

I would very much appreciate if he could be added to the list and any further information on his time there I would appreciate the help.

My contact details are:

Home number is 01506 413702 (Scotland number)

Thank you

John Robertson'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The real deal ?  RMZ 155/40 SS
    P
    Many

John I am away on a course at the moment but when I get back I will look on ancestry for you, might find something on there.. The belt and buckle is for an EM (enlisted man) and not an officer unless for some reason he was wearing one!
    Ben

John just done a quick search on my ipad, does this sound right?

Private A Hudson
    Army number 3055172
    Royal Scots
    Prisoner number 452
    Stalag 344
    Lambinowice, Poland

More records in the Infantry record office in Perth

I will keep digging for anything else
    Ben

BTW it also says record office 16
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    John just done a quick search on my ipad, does this sound right?

Private A Hudson
    Army number 3055172
    Royal Scots
    Prisoner number 452
    Stalag 344
    Lambinowice, Poland

More records in the Infantry record office in Perth

I will keep digging for anything else
    Thanks Ben.

Apologies for the name mix up. My name is Gillan - The message above was found via a website under the name of Ben Robertson. It looks as thought he was also looking for information on a Alfred Hudson.

After a quick search myself I ended up finding over 50+ Alfred Hudsons that served during WW2 (ummmmm) . I'm yet to hear back from the 'grandson' with regards to his grandfathers regiment. The only information I can go on is the grandsons home address which is Newent (Gloucestershire) - Would that help the search ? Still a needle in a haystack in my eyes as his drill halls may have been situated elsewhere. The grandson is also unable to state if the belt was collected in the U.K or Germany. I'd like to think it was Germany.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me out. Much appreciated. Should I find any further info I will be sure to keep you updated

- I may have another item for you to help me with if you don't mind. Will I be ok to drop you a personal message? I have a name and service number - (regards to a RAF great coat) - failing that I will post a new thread via the correct section on the site.

All the best - Gillan.

Ok Gillian I am a bit confused but feel free to send me a PM with the details. I rang that number and spoke to the chaps ref the A Hudson!
    Ben

Something beautiful

Cool Verification Pre-Sale Required

Hello everyone

It has been many years since my last post - it's good to be back!

I have a German Waffen-SS RMZ Buckle & Leather belt in my possession and it is time to get it authorised ready for re-sale. It is embossed 155 / 40

I have inspected the previous threads on the website and I'm fairly confident that this item is genuine BUT had to check with the experts one more time before deciding on a price.

Any help or guidance (on asking price) would be appreciated.

p.s sorry a number of photographs aren't positioned correctly - having trouble with the uploader.

Thank you, Gillan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The real deal ?  RMZ 155/40 SS   The real deal ?  RMZ 155/40 SS  

The real deal ?  RMZ 155/40 SS   The real deal ?  RMZ 155/40 SS  

I knew I'd posted about this belt some years ago. Little did I know it was almost 10years ago!

I'm in the middle of gathering proof of authenticity on the item ready for pre-sale, a big sigh of relief reading that it is genuine. I thought it all along to be honest but yes chuffed.

As for the initials attached to the leather, supplied by the previous owner I will keep this noted, as the records may well lead us closer to finding the serviceman who may have taken this and brought it back home. It's a nice thought.

Thanks everyone again for help - a donation is pending.

Now, how and where best to sell?...
    Last edited by retrovintagelove; 02-17-2024 at 09:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2