Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?

Article about: Hello, could you please tell if this buckle is original? Thank you.

SVV
    ?

Thank you for your opinion Ben. Any other opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by SVV View Post
    ...Does this new batch of pictures dispel concerns or brought new ones?...
    Dear SVV,

I would suggest that you run with Ben’s opinion on this buckle, due to him having much more SS experience than me.

My opinion towards the buckle by the way, has not changed.

I must admit that I am extremely disappointed that other Forum Members have not chipped in with their opinion on this buckle.

Regards and best wishes,

David

SVV
    ?

Dear David,

thank you very much. With all respect to Ben's experience I would probably wait a bit for other members thoughts before pulling the trigger just to be objective.

Kind regards

Quote by SVV View Post
    Dear David,

thank you very much. With all respect to Ben's experience I would probably wait a bit for other members thoughts before pulling the trigger just to be objective.

Kind regards
    I would also suggest that if its in the for sale section on the WAF it would be ok, Ric vets all buckles coming though on there. At the end of the day its down to each and everyones opinion
    Ben

SVV
    ?

Dear Ben,

thank you. So I will go for it.

Best regards,
    SVV

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    ...I would also suggest that if its in the for sale section on the WAF it would be ok, Ric vets all buckles coming though on there...
    Dear Ben,

Really no point I suppose in playing “verbal ping pong”, however I find it incredulous to say the least, that a WRF Moderator should use another forums Moderator for the basis of an opinion.

Regards and best wishes,

David

My dear David, I dont I just saw it for for sale on the WAF, everything I do here is off my own experience and opinion. If I did not like I would say and explain why, In this case for me the colour is right, it has no cast flaws, the prongs and sleeve are ok and there are remants of the silver wash. I have had experienced collectors call out fakes when there is nothing wrong with them, sometimes I get it wrong especially when there is a new fake around that I have not seen. Anyway, that my opinion on this with no outside influence.
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 06-25-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    Ben

SVV
    ?

Being very responsible and following this thread the seller himself proposed to wait for more opinions on this buckle as it is in our mutual interests and two controversial opinions is not enough. So I would like once again to ask forum members to share their thoughts on the subject.

I have now spoken with two close friends on a private basis, both of whom are advanced buckle collectors and whose opinions I greatly value.

Their consensus is that the SS buckle which started this thread is original.

By including Ben who also considers that the subject SS buckle is original, this common opinion is now by three people whose considerations I take extremely seriously.

With this in mind, I must withdraw my contention that the SS buckle which started this thread is a fake and I apologise unreservedly for unintentionally misleading the Forum.

Regards and best wishes,

David

SVV
    ?

Thank you David for bringing these new opinions. This thread turned to be much more interesting than I was expecting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2