MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS Brocade belt & buckle set

Article about: Hello all, In my opinion, a very nice original set however a prospective buyer would like a confirmation please. William Kramer

Default SS Brocade belt & buckle set

Hello all,

In my opinion, a very nice original set however a prospective buyer would like a confirmation please.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Brocade belt & buckle set   SS Brocade belt & buckle set  

SS Brocade belt & buckle set   SS Brocade belt & buckle set  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Brocade belt & buckle set
    P
    Many

Buckle is same as mine but I have the black Allgemeine wool
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Brocade belt & buckle set   SS Brocade belt & buckle set  

Ben

Here is my green Waffen SS green backed brocade

Ben

Another thread for reference

SS Officer Buckle makers

For me a nice buckle, brocade a little used but overall very nice set
    Ben

?

All 1 Knew has pull this Brocade and is refunding his customers money. If you haven't checked out his website he has some great stuff. What I don't like about the brocade is SS buckles should be attached to the brocade with prongs. The catch should be sewn to the belt not the buckle. This isn't always the case with a SS pattern Police Brocade. I expect to see the silver wire in the black strips to be nice and tight as see on Ben's excellent brocades. The brocade material should be centered on the material with even borders on the top and bottom. The material on the sliders should match the backing material on the brocade and one slider usually have extra material to protect the uniform from the prong bar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Brocade belt & buckle set  

I am with you Kirby, just my own observations on all the fake brocades I have seen they have no gold tint/guilding in the SS runes and oakleaves. The one Billy shows is unusual but has the gold tint in the runes. I have asked Wim saris if he can search the official records to see if there is any mention ref the green backed brocades

Ben

Gents

I asked Wim Saris if he could find anything in the archived regulation in ref to matter, below is the reply to me, again Wim many thanks for the info:

"It is in general known that the SS brocade has a black backing.
    With the issue of the RZM from March 25, 1939 nr. 6 page 86 the backing color
    for the SS-brocade for members of the police was arranged:
    greenish material for officers/generals and those from the ORPO administration;
    naval-blue for Wasserschutzpolizei.
    These colors in general are as for the colors of the tunic: Grundtuch.

The Waffen-SS was not included as it in fact did not exist yet. It was officially
    sanctioned December 12, 1939. With the price-list from the Kleiderkasse-SS
    from November 1, 1940 (page 13) with the article-number 246 the SS-Feldbinde
    was included; with article-number 247 the brocade for the police. This price-list
    included Waffen-SS. No special brocade from them was included.

As mentioned above, the backing for the brocade was in general always as the
    color for the tunic. This one can read in many regulations (army, airforce, navy,
    RAD, political leaders and so on). As an example I give here the regulation
    “Die Dienstkleidung der Technichen Nothilfe” from April 1, 1940, section II, Nr. 7,
    page 12 says: auf dunkelblauem Tuch.

We always assume the backing color for the Waffen-SS to be black also, but is this
    true and correct? I cannot find it mentioned in regulations, but what to say about
    this:

with order nr. 3, page 270 and as published in the Reichsbefehl der HJ from April
    14, 1939 it is mentioned:
    brocade for HJ with a brown backing;
    brocade for the Flieger-HJ with a grey-blue backing;
    brocade for the Marine-HJ with a navy-blue backing.

Would it be possible this structure also was in line later for other organizations as
    TeNo, when wearing field-grey and what about Waffen-SS?? Many have no idea about
    what is included exactly in the official regulations. We assume, yes assume, but is it
    possible the internal mail or memo says otherwise.
    Yes, I hear saying: yes, but regulations are not always followed (which in some ways is
    correct, as there are exceptions). But regulations are a fact.

I think many officers from the Waffen-SS purchased the brocade with a green backing
    as noted for police, to match the color for their tunic.
    I wonder if someone is able to show us a letter which says this or otherwise.
    For me, with some knowledge about uniform-regulations, it would be normal.
    I am not waiting for discussions, as most have hardly any knowledge of the regulations.
    One says this, the other one says that. And all know better, but for most cannot state or
    prove it with actual information.
    Ben

Last one for me on this topic this is the brocade that Billy posted, again if you look there is the gold fleck in the runes and oak leaves etc, I have not seen this in any of the fakes that are currently available. So unless this is a new fake brocade material I dont see why its not original. Just MO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Brocade belt & buckle set  
    Ben