Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Officer - OLC 36/39

Article about: Would be great to get a few opinions on this buckle I have the chance to purchase. I saw a few casting marks that made me suspicious, but i am no expert on buckles... your thoughts please?

Default SS Officer - OLC 36/39

Would be great to get a few opinions on this buckle I have the chance to purchase. I saw a few casting marks that made me suspicious, but i am no expert on buckles... your thoughts please?

SS Officer - OLC 36/39SS Officer - OLC 36/39

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officer - OLC 36/39
    P
    Many

Looks good to me, the center section with the 2 tabs at the top locking that down looks correct, the RZM, 36/39, oLc & sigruen are correct, face plate detail is good too, what's not to like?

?

Fake buckle. The upper crimps are wrong. The angle of the photo is trying to hide them.

Crap

Quote by kirby View Post
    Fake buckle. The upper crimps are wrong. The angle of the photo is trying to hide them.
    I see that now that you pointed it out kirby. All it takes is 1 miss like this and it can result in a lot of heart ache later on. Definitely, the crimp and aluminum material is out of wack size wise and crimp wise and that escaped me.

As stated, buckle is indeed a cast fake
    Ben

Thanks all... it can be a bit of a minefield and thee thing aren't cheap.... appreciate your help.